jumping clowns?

mitremark

One of my clown fish is getting into the overflow box???? I have no idea how this is happening, unless he is jumping? Surely the slits at the top of the box are too small for him to fit thru. Please help me determine how this is happening so I can stop him.

mscarpena

Post a picture of the overflow box. Also if he is doing this he feels threatened most likely. Any agressive tankmates??

chinnyr

Mine used to do this when the lights went out at night.He would swim up at the water surface next to the overflow.Something spooked him and he would end up in there a couple times a week.

mitremark

Yes, we just added a yellow and purple tang to our 135 gallon and they are quite large so we know that is why he is a little intimidated. But we never thought it possible to get in the overflow boxes. Will have pic of overflow shortly. Suggestions most appreciated. Thank You!!

shogun323

I know that some clowns, such as my roomates, sleep on the top of the water at night. His literally almost float sideways right on the top of the tank. I wonder if yours is doing this and just getting sucked in by the current.

My clowns hang out at the top of the tank at night but they are on the other side. They probably get sucked over by the current while they are "sleeping"