Jumpstart Pod Population?

junkf15

Can anyone tell me a good way to get my Pod population back up to speed? I tried to keep a Mandrin about 4 months ago. It only lasted 2 months, and my Pod population still hasn't recovered. :eek: I'm not going to try to keep a Mandrin again, I just want to get my live rock and sand "alive" again. Does that "LSB" additive work as advertised?
Thanks

nm reef

There are several ways to populate your micro fauna .....a few sites sell "kits" containing worms ...pods etc. Reports are that these products are first rate> Myself I've found that getting rubble/crud from the bottom of LR curing/holding tanks is very effective also. Without predators your pod population should rebound...but a boost from a outside source could help. Do you run a refugium? If so then that alone will help return your pod populations to normal.
Bottom line if it were me I'd look at getting some active rubble/crud and trying that before I'd spend $100 plus to get basically the same thing from on-line sources.
PS...where in New Mexico....if I haven't ask already? :cool:

junkf15

NM Reef-
Yes, we had this conversation 6 months ago, but I haven't been posting for a while, we just had our first baby. I'm an F117 pilot at Holloman.
Nice Tang pic, do you have to upload that to an on line photo album and referance the url, or can you get it in there strait from your hard drive some how?

nm reef

Now I remember......
The pic is saved on my web site and I just post the url in the signature section.