Just 4 now?

y2j

I'm using dual 4' 40 watt flourasent lights, and two of the 18" lights on my 55. I know this isn't enough light (I plan on upgrading, as soon as I can afford it.) Will the 4' Sylvania cool white bulbs be ok on my live rock until I can upgrade? What bulbs can I git for my 4'? Should I git a 50/50 and a anctic, or something different? Are these bulbs high price?
Is there any tips or tricks I can use for lights, to keep my rock in decent shape until I upgrade?

krazzydart

get the 50/50 for now and also an atinic they cost about 24 bucks each for a 4 footer and will be good enough for just live rock.

y2j

I bought a actnic, and a Sylvania Aquastar (Which my LFS said would be better than the 50/50.) He said my wattage may not be strong enough to turn the Aquastar on, and it did't. So right now a have a actnic and a standerd Sylvania. (How many K ratings is a standerd?) I'm taking the Aquastar back tomorrow, would it be any better to git the 50/50, instead of the Sylvania I'm using now? Is there that much of a difference? What color does the 50/50 put out? I noticed with just the standerd Sylvania on, my water looks yellow. Damn that was a lot of questions. Sorry, I'll try to keep it shorter next time.

y2j

I bought a 50/50 today. It looks a lot better now. My live rock has a purple tint to it now, it looks great.