Just a few lr questions

Hey guys I have a few questions around live rock. I have been searching this for hours and have not got a clear answer so I figured I would ask. So I picked up some dry rock from a friend, and it has been in a 5 gallon bucket since tuesday. I picked it up today (friday). The rock is still wet and has some green algae on it. Its roughly 40lbs. This will be going into a 75gal tank with live sand that is about 2 months old. The tank is cycled, but I didnt add enough live rock at first. I have about 20ish pounds of live rock in there now. My question is can I put it into my tank now? Its in a rubbermade tub under my tank with a powerhead and a heater, but I did a water test and it seems somewhat ok. Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0, PH 8.2, and amonia .2. I was also considering boiling it and rinsing it. Whats the best thing to do at this point? THanks

spanko

A few options here.
If there are no critters in your tank you can put it in there and see if there are any spikes in ammonia from adding it and let the and let the tank cycle the ammonia out. You will be dealing with the algae in your tank then.
You could cook it in the rubbermaid tub. Leave it in there with the pump for circulation and the heater and cover the tub from any light intrusion. Change out 50% of the water a few times over the next 2 or 3 weeks and use the water you take out of the tub to scrub the rock and rinse it in. Then put it back into the tub.
Or you can bleach the rock. There are plenty of instructions on the net if you google it.