just a few new zoanthids

oceana

hey all
been a long time since i posted some pics around here so i thought i would post a few. got a new lense a few days ago so still trying to get the hang of it. these are a few of my newer zoas. as most know i have TONS more but these are the newest.

oceana

everytime i think i have seen every zoa i find more. they change so much even in little ways i dont think i could ever have them all. so far at last count i have 132 morphs

phtby

i love the colors in your zoas they are sexy would like some frags to get the color moving im my tank shoot me an email and let me know if you have anything you are willing to part with. mark phatboy@ptd.net thanks

oceana

thanks. still not sure about this lense. I think I was able to get better shots without it i think.

teresaq

what lighting do you have. I have a 150 with 3 250 wtt mh, and all my zoo seem to be reaching for light. I a going to ad 3 36 inch T5s with actinic, but not sure what else i need to do.

oceana

on the tank those zoanthids are in for the pics i run 2 250 10K HQI and 2 130 pc's. on the main tank i run 3x400 MH and 4x110 VHO.
I find that although some of the zoanthids and sea mat polyps will change colors most of them only get better under intense lighting. they dont need it but i sure as heck have yet to see and neg effect. there are some however that always seem to change to a color i dont like.
IE when i put nice blue zoas in the main tank they almost always turn to a greenish purple. still nice but not blue. then if they go back to one of the tank with less lighting they keep the nice blue color. I would say it could also be a difference in water quality but all of my tanks are plumbed together as one large system. the only real difference in the tanks is lighting

oceana

Originally Posted by 30-xtra high
awesome!
i think my favorite are the ones in the back of pic 5, the ones with orange center, and blue ring.

do you mean these?

bronco300

have not seen you around in a long time, zoos still looking amazing!!! If ONLY i could have as many as you do, and as nice of ones!!!

oceana

Originally Posted by Bronco300
have not seen you around in a long time, zoos still looking amazing!!! If ONLY i could have as many as you do, and as nice of ones!!!

yea i have been busy with work so i have backed off the boards alot over the last year. i still pop in every now and then but nothing like i used to. still very active in the reefs though. just not on the forums. i dont answer a question unless i know i will around to follow the thread through until the OP is happy.

T

the gift

oceana do you mind posting a full tank pic that would be sweeeet

30-xtra high

yes oceana!, those look so awesome. how much did you pay for them?, my guess is you bought a frag, but how much were they?, my guess is they'd be fine under pc's, i have 130watt pc's on my 30 extra high, and i'd like to fill my tank with that coloration of zoos and maybe a kenya tree or somethin.

oceana

Originally Posted by 30-xtra high
yes oceana!, those look so awesome. how much did you pay for them?, my guess is you bought a frag, but how much were they?, my guess is they'd be fine under pc's, i have 130watt pc's on my 30 extra high, and i'd like to fill my tank with that coloration of zoos and maybe a kenya tree or somethin.
ya know i am not sure what i paid i buy so many corals i lose track lol.
that particular rock was purchase as is. matter a fact it is much begger then what you see in the pic. its around 6x8 fully covered. and yes zoanthids woudl do great under your lighting. some colors may not stay "as" bright but over all they will do very well

oceana

Originally Posted by Bronco300
do you still have that one business you sent me emails about??
not like i used to. it started as a hobby and turned into a full time job which i I already had and did not need another and in the end really not worth the trouble. now its just every now and then when i want to trade something. If I ever chose to frag some stuff again give me your email and we can work out a trade. I know you must have collected something i want by now lol

bronco300

lol, i hope so...you have some amazing zoos still...a while back i had slowed down on getting stuff because i had to move about 3 times it felt like...but now i'm back in it more, just trying to find some nicer zoos that dont make me live on the street.....i've gotten some sweet ones lately, but nothing that i can frag yet....but anyways, you can email me at:
luke@***************.com