Just a few questions.

azdude

So, here we go.
New set up 34 gal. Red Sea Max upgraded to LED lighting and a more powerful skimmer pump, Up and running for 3 months. 30 lbs. of Fiji live rock and all Catalina Ocean water. 6 Astrea Snails, 6 Red Leg Hermit Crabs, 1 small Emerald Crab, 1 Brittle Starfish 4"-5", 2 tank raised Ocellaris Clown Fish 2"-3", 1 Yellow Headed Jaw fish 4"-5", 1 Green Bubble Tip Anemone 3"-4", 1 Rose Tip Anemone 4"-5", 1 Hammer Coral 4 Heads, 2 Kenya Tree's 4"-6".
Everything Seems to be going well, water quality is good and all livestock is eating.
1. The Green Bubble Tip Anemone moves into the rocks, He is perched atop and live rock island in the middle of the tank. He will stay open on top for 2 or 3 days then will slip down into the rocks (I can see him opened up inside the rock cluster) he will stay there for 2 or 3 days the will be on the top again (in the same place). Is this normal?
2. The 2 Clown Fish will not go near the Anemones. Is there anything I can do to foster the relationship?
3. Any suggestions on what else will work well in this tank?

mr. limpid

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdude http:///t/395621/just-a-few-questions#post_3522560
So, here we go.
New set up 34 gal. Red Sea Max upgraded to LED lighting and a more powerful skimmer pump, Up and running for 3 months. 30 lbs. of Fiji live rock and all Catalina Ocean water. 6 Astrea Snails, 6 Red Leg Hermit Crabs, 1 small Emerald Crab, 1 Brittle Starfish 4"-5", 2 tank raised Ocellaris Clown Fish 2"-3", 1 Yellow Headed Jaw fish 4"-5", 1 Green Bubble Tip Anemone 3"-4", 1 Rose Tip Anemone 4"-5", 1 Hammer Coral 4 Heads, 2 Kenya Tree's 4"-6".
Everything Seems to be going well, water quality is good and all livestock is eating.
1. The Green Bubble Tip Anemone moves into the rocks, He is perched atop and live rock island in the middle of the tank. He will stay open on top for 2 or 3 days then will slip down into the rocks (I can see him opened up inside the rock cluster) he will stay there for 2 or 3 days the will be on the top again (in the same place). Is this normal? What color are its tentacles? Are you feeding, what and how often?
2. The 2 Clown Fish will not go near the Anemones. Is there anything I can do to foster the relationship? No
3. Any suggestions on what else will work well in this tank? Having two different kinds of anemones in same tank is a problem. You need to only have one species per tank of that size. As for fish there is a lot of options, depends on what you want. I suggest do research.

ledreff

Power heads can kill the anemone they fly in the tank. If the anemone not like the light they move and stink all the coral ????