Just a Lazy Mid-Week SixPack

m.rogers

beth my advise for you is to take evey thing else out of the tank and just leave the GSP in and send every thing else to me that way your GSP will be happy and that will make you happy and with all the lovely corals of yours in my tank i will be happy to.
:hilarious mike:hilarious

beth

Administrator
Staff member
:D Thanks for the compliment, but I'm kinda attached to everything. Pet corals, pet snails, pet dingbat chromis, etc. Silly, but true. :D

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The clown is a cinnamon, and he is really getting dark as an adult. My very first fish for this tank. Mean, sorta. He's really territorial as expected. He does not nip or chase anyone, unless they come around that leather. He bites me all the time when I stick my hands in the tank. As soon as I turn on him, though, he heads for cover. Twit. :D
The shoal is 6. Lets see if I can keep them from jumping this time round.
What you see here is all the fish I have right now. Been wanting a flame, but been afraid that one would graze off my softies.

I

iluvfish

WOW! Very impressive! Are those zoos in your first picture? How do you get them to look so big and beautiful? I acquired some as hitchhikers, but they haven't done much. Still very small:confused:

bigmac

Originally posted by Beth
Anybody have any advise for green star polyps??

My advice is to cover them up with something like a clam shell so they can't get any light. Then maybe they'll fade away...
Oh!! you want to keep them alive, and I've always tried to kill em. I don't know what to say except their a pain for an SPS grower.
I sure like that blue ricordia

enomadra

I must agree this tank looks great

I am still only 6 months new to reef tanks but love to see other peoples tanks to give me ideas.
Keep up the great work! :)

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Mac, LOL. I do like green stars, but I also know that they become a weed in tanks....just can not understand what my problem is??? when everyone else has them growing out of the tank.
And speaking of growing. So odd that BLUE rics are very finicky, or at least that has been my exp with them. You have to find just the right spot or they are really unhappy. I'm still working on the right spot for the blue rics in the sand. :confused: Oddity that perhaps some ric expert can explain?
luvfish, those zoos are really just plain ole zoos [nothing speical at all about them]. They have just started to take off with a nice green color. I've had them in the tank for about a yr and they were pretty colorless until now. Also, they are not that big at all. I have seen zoos under MH's that are nearly the size of half-dollars.
I appreciate all the support folks...I'm only 2 yrs into reef keeping after many yrs of strictly FO. Its not the best tank I've seen by far, but its mine, and it makes me :D.

j21kickster

Beth-
This is the first time i have seen your tank and i must say- i am in no way dissapointed- Very nice- Can we get a whole shot?

K

kistheeze

nice tank. Can you explain the specs? I assume it's VHO? They always seem to have that pinkish hue when photographed.

wrassecal

Beth, your tank looks great. I love when you post pics.
LOL at bigmac. I sure hope no gsp hitch-hikes into his new tank

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, didn't expect so many nice compliments and I really appreciate it. I'm really just a novice reefer and my setup is very simple. As for photography, I've got a pretty simple camera and have not yet mastered whole tank shots very well, things come out a bit burry.
Yes, the lighting is VHO, with 2-03s, 1-50/50 & 1 aquasun. Thus you can see why things are a bit "pink". Lots of coraline as well that causes the pink. Can't say I love pink, though, and, now that the tank is aged a bit, some of that is fading and making things look much more balanced and colorful. If I could find someone around that could modify my existing lighting, I'd add MH's.
I have GSPs, they just barely exist though, thus, no need to get more as I imagine that the same thing will happen to them.
I can't add anymore sps or Mark will disown me
<---bigmac.
:D