Just a simple question

lucky45

Does anyone know of a good website that lists minimum tanks sizes for different fish and invert species?
SWF.com has some, but not the ones I want to know about...

grabbitt

Aside from searching through google, the members of this forum would more than happily help you solve those questions.
What are the fish you're curious about?

lucky45

Didn't want to constantly pester you guys
...Anyways, I do have a few questions...Please answer truthfully as I'm fine with someone saying "No".
1) Will a snowflake eel and a small type of puffer fit in a 65g?
2) What is the risk of a Snowflake eel biting other fish in a tank?
3) Would a 3-Stripe Damsel bully a Clarkii Clownfish?
Thanks in advance guys!

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Lucky45
http:///forum/post/2597866
Didn't want to constantly pester you guys
...Anyways, I do have a few questions...Please answer truthfully as I'm fine with someone saying "No".
1) Will a snowflake eel and a small type of puffer fit in a 65g?
Yes, a SFE and a Toby puffer, of your choice, will do well in there.
2) What is the risk of a Snowflake eel biting other fish in a tank?
I recently asked the same thing. I was told that they have very poor eye sight and will strike where the food is. If you fish happens to be biting for the same food, he may get hit. I was told by a good friend of mine that SFE's can be aggressive toward tank mates.
3) Would a 3-Stripe Damsel bully a Clarkii Clownfish?
Thanks in advance guys!

Very likely. 3-stripes are one of the more aggressive species. Clowns are a less aggressive species of damsel.

lucky45

Sounds like a good tank plan...definatly want to do "aggressive" fish for my 65g. Just one last question. IYHO, are SFE's the most peaceful type of eel? I want to reduce the risk of injury to other fish as much as possible...I guess as long as I hand feed him and keep him fat, he should be happy.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Lucky45
http:///forum/post/2597916
Sounds like a good tank plan...definatly want to do "aggressive" fish for my 65g. Just one last question. IYHO, are SFE's the most peaceful type of eel? I want to reduce the risk of injury to other fish as much as possible...I guess as long as I hand feed him and keep him fat, he should be happy.

Yes, SFE's are the least aggressive and do not grow huge, like other eels do. They grow long, but not so big around, meaning that they eat smaller foods. If you keep larger fish, like a Toby puffer, with him then you will be fine. I have my small Falco hawk (see my avatar), which is the reason that I decided not to get an SFE for this tank.

grabbitt

If an SFE is well-fed then it will not be a problem. They seem to be the most docile eel you can add.