Just added 2 mj 600's to my 10gal.. too much??

frozenguy

so up till now I have had a rio 140 or something and my wisper filter (good up to 10 gal) running. I took both those out and added two mj 600's.. i have them both in the back pointing at each other basically.. one has the flap pointing up and towards the front, center of tank and the other is pointing slightly down towards the center of the tank so there is a lot of flow.. i have also aquascaped the rocks (16#) up over the ph's so its hard to see them.. lots of flow in the center of thet ank.. is that gonna be ok? i dont plan on running a filter.. oh also is ok that i have my heater running along the bed horizontal at the back? it says the heater can go horizontal, just didn't know if it can go along the sand

frozenguy

should i take one out? how do i get two flows in there then? do i need two? should i put the rio back in on one side? lower the gph by about 40?? what should i do

fanker

flow is good but those pumps must be big in that tank but high flow is good for filtration abd for sps and harder to keep corals

frozenguy

well i only have 28 watts overhead.. so i doubt i'll be keeping sps.. anyways i figure the fishies can swim hard against it like they have never ending swimming space...
i'll get a picture

peef

If you are stirring up your sand bed and it seems like any fish are having a tough time swimming against current then too much. Other wise I wouldn't see a problem. Maybe a little too much, but again if temp is good and no obvious problems....whats it hurting?

frozenguy

so i decided to take one of the ph's out.. this should be a good setup.. we'll see.. I also reaquascaped it lol.. AGAIN..
oh well.. amm-0 nitrites-0 nitrates-5.. salitnity 1.024/25
I love my tank though.. I just cant wait to get a bigger one..

fishieness

FYI; before i started taking it down, i have an 80X turnover rate in my 40 breeder and loved it. wouldnt consider any less if i did it again, now in my 10 gallon that i jsut set up, i have about 80-90X.
the 10 is going to be jsut about entirely sps, but the 40 had some softies in it too.