Just Bought a New Tank

seannmelly

Tell me if you think this is a good deal? In March we bought our 125rr, sump, skimmer, Current Orbit (3x150w mh, 4x96w pc) for $750. We thought that was a good deal. Well, we just bought a 155rr items include:
155 bowfront rr
bowfront stand
proclear 150 wet/dry with skimmer
coralife mh fixture
uv sterilizer
250-300lbs live rock
toadstool
2 orange gorgonians
assorted mushrooms
curly q anenome
striped carpet anenome
7" male blonde naso tang
7-8" foxface rabbitfish
6" queen angel
6" koran angel (changing)
4-5" rock beauty
4" porcupine puffer
bullet bar goby
5-6" flagfin angel...
...all for $500

seannmelly

The very unfortunate thing is, we are not re-setting it up... We are lucky we have our 125 with all the limited space!! lol. it was just WAYYYYY too cheap to pass up and hopefully we will make our money back and then some!! We are taking some of the live rock because we could always use some more. Added about 30lbs of live rock to our own tank and we will add some more tomarrow, it was just too hot to do much. We took most of the coral, and the male naso tang. As for the angels, we cannot keep them because we have a full reef and I don't want them to start munching on the corals, and our tank is fully stocked after adding the naso. If you want to see pictures of the tank i'll bump the thread i posted a week ago of recent photos. I'll have to add some more to it after adding more rock and the naso!!
Melly

ledzep fan

My god did you get a deal! I would have bought the queen angel myself. How much were they asking for him?

seannmelly

He didn't give us individual prices for the fish. He just said $500 and you can have everything, there was no way we could turn down that. The tank is new, very clean and in great shape!!

anonome

That's an awesome "give away". I looked a someones 250g custom tank, drove for 2 1/2 hours to see this "marvelous" system that they only wanted $600.00. Money in hand, and so excited to say the least. Got there, took one look at the disgusting "live sand" with red slime so bad that the rocks were almost oozing. It just turned my stomach!! The fish had ick, and very badly beaten up. Too many aggresive fish together. All this after I spent so much time on the phone with them. I'd say you got a great deal. Oh, one more thing, the custom stand, are you ready for this----cynderblocks, and 2x6's!!!! with a "hand made" drape of tropical fish!!! I kid you not!!! :scared: Good luck to you.

seannmelly

lol anonome that sucks. yea we are just reselling the tank and the rock to make A quick buck. we have a 125 full reef as we speek

anonome

I absolutely love my 125g tank. It cost me $175.00, for the tank and $850.00 for the custom hand made stand!!! Absolutely beautiful, when I master posting a picture I will. I know that I could have gotten a ready made stand, but I wanted a piece of furniture, after all it was going on the focal wall of my rec room. My other half said I was crazy, :thinking: so why do I catch him at night in front of it looking into the tank? :notsure: He, that doesn't care about the tank?

anonome

I absolutely love my 125g tank. It cost me $175.00, for the tank and $850.00 for the custom hand made stand!!! Absolutely beautiful, when I master posting a picture I will. I know that I could have gotten a ready made stand, but I wanted a piece of furniture, after all it was going on the focal wall of my rec room. My other half said I was crazy, :thinking: so why do I catch him at night in front of it looking into the tank? :notsure: He, that doesn't care about the tank?

seannmelly

Originally Posted by DragonZim
Where in NY are you? I'd be VERY interested in some of that live rock! I'm looking for about 75-100 lbs or so.

im in upstate, near amsterdam

dragonzim

Originally Posted by seannmelly
im in upstate, near amsterdam
Hmm, thats a bit too far for me to drive, about 5 hours. Thanks anyway!

seannmelly

Originally Posted by TriGa22
IM gunna be near albany any for me? if not thats fine

yea i still have 150lbs first come first serve. $4/lbs or ill give a nice deal on all 150

seannmelly

Originally Posted by vejomatic
any photos of the rock? email me: sumitino(at)gmail
mc

i dont have any but i might be able to take some, its fiji with mabye 1 piece of tonga. they are all kinda medium to large pieces. they have some nice purple green coloration to them, i also have a hude clam shell mabye like a ft. big. that makes a nice decoration also