Just bought a SOHOL TANG

jess

I am putting him in my 90g with my NASO and PORCUPINE. Also with my Leather, mushrooms, Colt Coral. I was told that there might be a 20% chance of him and the NASO not getting along. Does anyone have any info for me that might help.

doh

Jesse,
sohal and naso tangs have a good chance of getting along because:
1)they are in different families
2)naso tangs are more peaceful of a tang
and 3) sohal tangs are peaceful if they are "KING FISH" and a naso is no match for a sohal. One other thing, i would NEVER put a porcupine puffer with a tang because my one destroyed the tangs long fins, it was a yellow tang though,but the top and bottom fins were destroyed all the way to the body, the tang did live a long life though.
hope this helps
Jon

H

here fishy

I have had those two particular tangs in a 125 for 2 years now...Actually I would disagree with the previous statement only becasue my naso was established in this tank for a year before I aquired the sohal. I do not think a 90 will be big enough for this tang as I do not think my tank is big enough for mine now. He is 15 inches long....They are a more agressive tang but your two should be ok.......I would suggest never putting a regal or clown tang in with the sohal as mine seemed to dislike these the most....Beautiful fish....enjoy them :cool:

jess

Originally posted by Doh:
<STRONG>Jesse,
sohal and naso tangs have a good chance of getting along because:
1)they are in different families
2)naso tangs are more peaceful of a tang
and 3) sohal tangs are peaceful if they are "KING FISH" and a naso is no match for a sohal. One other thing, i would NEVER put a porcupine puffer with a tang because my one destroyed the tangs long fins, it was a yellow tang though,but the top and bottom fins were destroyed all the way to the body, the tang did live a long life though.
hope this helps
Jon</STRONG>

Thats odd you would say that. I have always have my puffer with any ohter fish I had. I have had the Naso and puffer tohether for about 2 years now and I have never, ever seen a problem sign between them. I even have my puffer with my corals. Maybe my puffer is a freak and is a little so chilled out ;)

tjswanson

I have had a Sohol, Orange-shoulder, Sailfin, and Naso all in the same tank w/ NO PROBLEMS. All other tangs were in the tank at first and the Naso and Orange-shoulder minded their own business. Infact I remember my Naso putting the Sohol in its place. Enjoy, Sohol tangs are BEAUTIFUL fish. TJ