just bought nanocube 12 gal DX........

gregzbobo

........and I couldn't find the "born on date" I've heard about, where is it located? Also, this unit came with built in "nitevu" leds, which isn't even mentioned as a feature on the manufacturers website as available for this tank. Also came with a "bonus" of a magnetic algea cleaner that looks very much like the smallest version mag-float. Anyone know for sure?
I also ordered a maxijet 900 to replace the return pump, and have a fission protein skimmer on order, are there other mods that I would be smart to get? TIA

masala4080

Check out the Hydor Flo. I think it is one of the best investments you can make. It just creates a current in the tank. Do a little bit of research.

gregzbobo

I looked at tha Hydor flo, I think I will get one as soon as I get the rest of my equipment in. I also plan on getting a surface skimmer, probably the v1.2 I've seen posted about on here.

jacksdad

Originally Posted by gregzbobo
I looked at tha Hydor flo, I think I will get one as soon as I get the rest of my equipment in. I also plan on getting a surface skimmer, probably the v1.2 I've seen posted about on here.

Just let me know Gregzbobo I have one with your name on it.

Bob

gregzbobo

Just received my fission skimmer. Nice little unit, although the one I got came with a cracked elbow, called the dealer I bought it from and they are going to be sending me a replacement asap. Have to wait a while still before I setup the system, I don't want to put it on a counter or table, so I am getting the cabinet stand for it.

gregzbobo

When I talked to the dealer I bought it from, they said they had just spoken with CurrentUSA and said they were aware of the problem and were changing the way the part is manufactured to eliminate the cracks. So the next run of skimmers should be crack-free (hopefully). Always seems to be a bug or two to work out from a brand new product in its first batch.

ross

For the surface skimmer, just use the case off a cassette, like the old things you listen to in your car. You can use a dremel to carve some notches in the top, and stick it on the overflow. Doesnt cost any money and accomplishes the same thing!

jacksdad

Originally Posted by puffer24/7
imo the nanocube is already tripped out and has enough current in the water dont you guys think so also
I guess it all depends on what you are looking to keep in your Cube. Shrooms, zoos, ricordia, GSP, etc. will do fine in a stock cube. From my stand point, however, I wanted the ability to house as many different kinds of coral as possible in the limited space of a cube. So upgrades were necessary!
To each his own.
Bob