Just call me STUPID!!

chris l

Well I guess now might be a good time to frag that acro. although it doesn't need it. Except for the broken branches. Oh and the wife is fine, I think the shock scared her more than anything.

goldfish

Well, I was going to call you stupid since your post said, "Call me stupid", but I am going to refrain since you've had so much trouble....glad to hear your wife is ok.:D

gregzbobo

Chris L, PLEASE do yourself and your family a favor and get a GFCI outlet installed in the circuit that feeds power to your tank. You can also buy short extension cords with GFCI in them, but the outlet if installed properly will protect every other outlet in the circuit. Your wife would not have been shocked had a GFCI been in place. It could save your life. And I DO hope your wife is ok, as well as your tank life.

crabbypants

BIG OPPS!!! We have all had them in our life at one point or another. If you haven't had yours it is coming one day. But, they are great learning experiances, eh?

snowbear

About the GFCI - it will also protect your fish. It shuts off the circuit a LOT quicker than conventional breakers. The outlets are easy to install and not that expensive if you or someone you know actually knows a bit about wiring. If you don't, any electrician can do it in a few minutes. Sorry about your bummer day :(

chris l

Believe it or not everything seems to be ok. Not sure about the bubble coral but it isn't dead yet so I think it will be ok. About the GFCI I did install one about a month ago on the other outlet that my halides are plugged into and most of my pumps. But sure enough the lights that fell in were on another outlet. Gonna go get me self another one and replace that one too. Thanks to everyone for their concern.

witecap4u

I've got a line about 1"x6" of melted carpet next to my tank....opps heater is fine though. Go HAGEN TRONICS.....CS

saltyrich

I'm glad everything is OK. Particularly your wife. Now, back to the original situation - If you did not get my post in time, you still need to replace your heater with an Ebo Jager!!!!!!!!!!

chris l

saltyrich......not in time. I was thinking about the ebo jager but ended up buying a Jalli titanium. Seems to be working well.