Just changed from 14k to 20k and WOW!!

paintballer768

Title says it all. Freaking brilliant!!! I love the color Im getting. Greens are flourescent, reds are on fire, blues are so amazing. I love it all. Ill post a pic tomorrow since the lights are off for the night.
Heres a before....

natclanwy

I am interested too!! I have been planning on going this route when I order new bulbs, are you running moguls or HQI bulbs and what brand did you get?

paintballer768

I got the Radium 20k. This is on the stock Sunpod ballast, so you'll know that it will look similar if you use the sunpod as well. Its a great choice if you have the Sunpod, or any fixture, because I cannot afford actinic supplements, and also have no place to mount them if I could.
natclanwy, Im not too sure what youre referring to, but I think I may have answered your question in what I just wrote above cuz I covered most of it lol

spanko

That's what I'm talkin about there!!!!!!
I love the bright pale blue color of the Radium 20k.

paintballer768

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2755410
That's what I'm talkin about there!!!!!!
I love the bright pale blue color of the Radium 20k.
Me too. My camera doesnt even really capture it all that well. Colors are a tad more intense in person. I got a quick worry though.
Lights been running for about 3 hrs and then it starts flickering. I turned it off, shook it, turned it back on, no big. Came back a hour later and it seemed a little less intense (though I had been outside so its possible my eyes hadnt adjusted all the way). I just took the bulb out and inspected it and the housing and everything looks good. Put it back together and turned it on and its working just as strong as before (so I think its running where it should be.)
Should I be worried about the flickering incident?

spanko

Gotta make sure it is seated correctly. Spring loaded mechanism and if the contacts are off a little it will flicker and or shut off.

spiderwoman

What type of ballast do you have? We had a capasitor go bad in our dual ballast and hubby just changed that and the lights started working again. In our case the right side lamp would try to fire and the inside bulb was glowing, but it would not fully light. You can get all of the inside components from Hello.

reefraff

Maybe I am missing something here. I thought Sun Pods were DE lamps and radiums were SE. Anyway as long as your fixture has an electronic ballast it should run the lamp fin so you may have just got a bogus lamp.

paintballer768

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/2756481
Maybe I am missing something here. I thought Sun Pods were DE lamps and radiums were SE. Anyway as long as your fixture has an electronic ballast it should run the lamp fin so you may have just got a bogus lamp.
Nope, the sunpod is DE but the radium has a DE bulb as well. I got it from HelloLights, so Im sure theyll be fine with a replacement.

coraljunky

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/2756481
Radium makes a DE, only in 150w.