Just got a tusk..hiding???

memole

My new Harlquen tusk seems to hide when ever the lights are on/ is this normal. I haevn't really read anything about that behavior. He comes out at night and until the lights flick on..but after that behind and under rocks he goes.... its hard to feed him during the day. just was curious iof anybody else experance this and if it will go away... thanks again
Chris

memole

there is a Chromis and a Lion fish..but the lion doesn't even care about him.
I just have been leaving the light off for about 2 days now
he is out now..but am sure he will go in hiding whenever I turn them back on

guineawhop

that's normal when he gets use to his surroundings he will come out during the day. mine took about 2-3 weeks before he started coming out...when i had him anyways..i had to get rid of him.

kurplunk

I've had my harlequin for about 4 months now. It did the same thing for about a month 1/2 before starting to swim around. But even now he only makes a few quick passes through the tank before retreating to a spot behind some rock. This is his routine through out the day.

memole

they are so pretty I hope it doesn't stay back there all the time. At least I know now that this is normal. thanks all for the info
Chris

primetime

Just wait...
He will make your tank look awesome!! I just got my guy last Friday. Luckily my guy took to his new home rather quick. But now he is being chased by a clown fish..Go figure.:rolleyes:
What other fish do you have in there with him?
Good luck!
Dion

memole

I have just a lion fish about 6inchs total dia. he is about 5 inches long. hes pretty big. the lion doesn't pay him any attention...he still is hiding though but hopefully he will get over it.