Just got one!!!!

xtremenemo

I just got my snowflake eel in today and he is sooo cool. I put him in a 10 qt tank for a week and then he is going in my main tank. He is trying to bit my black and white damsel so I am going to see if he will eat. They are so active. I hope that it doesnt get out. I just duck taped my entire tank.

Congrats man, snowflakes are awesome eels for the newbs and pro's alike, they have lots of personality. I'd have one that would stick his head outside the tank to grab a piece of krill......maybe i'll go buy another lol

xtremenemo

OMG......I just got him 4 hours ago and he is already freaking me out. I was watching him and I thought that I sealed the tank good and then he just swam up the cascade filter into the exhaust flow. The type of filter is a peguin. i was so scared and I couldnt get the filter unpluged and then he just swam out. It was so funny.:) But now he is trying to bite the thermomator and the hang on heater. Has anyone had their sfe bite their heater when it was bigger?

moraym

Yeah, I had to use a plastic mesh structure to prevent my eel from climbing into my old Whisper 3 filter, same thing with my Millennium 3000. I had to put mesh on the cascade part and silicone seal it on. This limited water flow, so I put a powerhead next to it to help pull the water and generate more flow.
I thought mine was dead for a day until I decided to open the filter, and there he was. Curled up and happy as can be.