just hatched horseshoe crab dietary information request

barracuda1

Long story short, I have 46 just hatched horseshoe crabs and I need to know what they eat and how often at this age. All help thanked.

barracuda1

Thanks that really does help alot, but what are they actually eating, microrganisms? meaty things? so a little more info from anyone would be thanked.

sepulatian

What earnit33 said is true. You cannot replicate what they eat. They eat microscopic organisms in live sand. You cannot replicate the diet for adult horseshoe crabs, let alone their young.

110innc

I dont believe that. Ive researched them and adult horseshoe crabs eat clams,worms, and other small inverts. I dont believe they need alot of sand to sift through because public keep them without much sand and keep them alive for years. Dont get me wrong I do think the more sand the better. Mine eats clams,shrimp, and mussels. He/she unburies itself when its hungry I feed it and I dont see it for about a week. Its going on 7 months in my tank.

earnit33

By the way,I have two,with a deep sand bed and that's all they need!
But if they are out of the sand they will eat something else that the rest of the tank don't get.