Just hooked up my Nova Etreme Pro T5

hammerhed7

Just got my 36" Nova Extreme Pro T5 6x39. I have to say I am impressed with this fixture. It is incredibly bright, and the fans are very quiet.
That being said, the first thing I noticed was the "individual reflector", which is actually a single reflector with ribs bent in it to surround each bulb, this is a good idea but the reflectors do not fully extend to surround the bulbs. Another down side is that at 12" the fixture is wide, and fills the entire top of my 46 bow front. The higher end fixtures mount the bulbs in an arc to make the fixtures more narrow.
Even so the light is much brighter than I thought it would be, and is a huge difference from the 192 pc fixture it replaced. The best thing about this fixture was I picked it up for $295, much less than a Aquactinic, or tek. It may not be the best one out there but it is a big improvement over the original Nova fixtures, and more than enough for my softy reef, I don't know if would support clams, but I may try now that I see the amount of light it produces.
All in all I have to give this fixture my stamp of approval.

wangotango

Sounds like a good improvement over the original. I think it's funny how they pass off a single contoured reflector as "individual."
-Justin

nycbob

yes u can keep clams as long as u keep them at top half of tank. i got the pro myself last week 6x54w 48 inch version. i had the sunpod mh for 2 months but didnt like the look.

hammerhed7

Originally Posted by WangoTango
Sounds like a good improvement over the original. I think it's funny how they pass off a single contoured reflector as "individual."
-Justin

I agree but the way the the reflector is bent it does surround each bulb, so I guess technically each bulb is enclosed in its own reflector. I heard about this before I bought the light, but it seems to work well, and for the price I am happy.