just laid eggs

donald

Does anyone have false perc egg development pictures? My pair laid eggs and im trying to figure out how old they are. Thanks for the help.

spiderwoman

What color are the eggs? From what I've read, the fry will hatch in 8 days. They start out as bright orange eggs.

donald

i just took this pic of the eggs. When i blew up the photo i could see eyes forming and they are orange in color.

spiderwoman

Awesome macro shot!!! I'd say those are less than a day old. My pair has been laying eggs non-stop since they started less than 2 months ago. I think they are going on their 3rd set right now. Unfortunately snails make sure the eggs haven't hatched so far. This couple lays their eggs on the side glass of the tank :(

donald

i hear that! My pair laid there eggs on the bigest piece of LR in the tank, and the same rock that my BTA is attatched to! It figures, thats just the way it goes with my tank.
But still it was a very nice christmas present and my tank is only a little over a year old.

donald

here are the new pics from today. I guess the age to be 3-4 days old. You can really see the eyes developing now.

casper1875

Mine lay eggs all the time. I would like to try and raise them, but I just don't have the time right now. I wait until the eyes turn silver and then a few hours after the lights go out they hatch. I put a flashlight up and they swim to the light. The next morning there in no sign of them.

donald

Ok here are the pics from today. The eyes are turning silver and there is a small white spot on there side. I dont think it will be long now.

donald

no problem spanko, stay tuned. I am going to try and leave the protien skimmer off when i think they will hatch. Mabey some will make there way to the fuge and survive there. Im not holding my breath.

Your still about 3 days away maybe four. The chances of them surviving in the fuge are extremely slim. They do need live rotifer and much more. I owuld let them hatch in the tank since your not ready. I would get a tile and put it where they layed. Get a ten gallon tank with a heater and an aur stone and ill tell you what to do if you want.

donald

hey thanks for the info christo, I had a thought, what about tring to raise them in one of those hanging nets, the ones with the fine mesh? Do you think that would work, or would i have problems with feeding? Just an idea. Go ahead and let me have it, im just tring to reinvent the wheel here.

donald

Just in case yall are wondering what the parents look like here they are.
Mom Dad the kids and the "house". The eggs are the black dots above the males head on the LR.

donald

it is a bubble tip anemone. It used to be green then it turned white after i changed out my bulbs.
One little tip, when you replace bulbs in you aquarium, dont replace them all at the same time like i did.
It eats healthy and has never moved from its spot. I think it might on day regain some color but i dont know for sure. Its been like that for about four months now. It seems happy so im happy.

donald

ok gang, here are the latest pictures. These little guy should be hatching tonight or tomarrow, I think.
I estimate the eggs to be 7 or 8 days old. It looks like there is hardly any yolk sack left and im can see the internal organs.

donald

Well i got up this morning and saw that the eggs were gone. I guess that they hatched overnight, Im going to keep an eye out just incase they show up in the fuge. Thanks to all those who gave me information durring this thread. Im looking into tring to raise some in the future, but i need to do a lot more research first. Again thanks to all.