Just ordered a macbook!!

lion_crazz

So you may remember, I posted a month or so ago about having computer issues where my laptop would not even boot up for me. For the past month or so, I have been on my fiancee's computer everyday. Well, she finally convinced me to make the switch. I have officially given up on the piece of junk PC and upgraded myself to a MacBook!

Any other SWF Mac users?

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
http:///forum/post/2713092
So you may remember, I posted a month or so ago about having computer issues where my laptop would not even boot up for me. For the past month or so, I have been on my fiancee's computer everyday. Well, she finally convinced me to make the switch. I have officially given up on the piece of junk PC and upgraded myself to a MacBook!

Any other SWF Mac users?
Welcome aboard to the "Elite Exclusive Club"! You are now part of the collective! Never ever touch P.C's they give me cooties! lol

T

tizzo

Haha... all those things that frustrate you about your PC... locking up, self launching programs, pop up boxes and questions, etc... will be a thing of the past, then every time you have to use a PC, you will forever wonder why everyone doesn't just get a mac, lol.
Except Mimzy... She's the oddball... lol.
But I also have the macbook (pro), so if you need shortcuts or how too's just ask... and if we can't answer we'll send you to the mac forum.

This one is my fav...
http://forums.macnn.com/

paintballer768

That video is funny. Ive had my macbook for about 2 weeks now and I absolutely LOVE it. Never had any problems or anything and its great. This is my first time using a mac and personally, I like it so much better.

spiderwoman

I've got both PC's and a MacBook Pro. I do all my work on a PC laptop w/docking station and play with the Mac. Eventually I'll move everything over to the Mac. I have it running with a PC emulator called Parallels. Works good.

paintballer768

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2713348
I've got both PC's and a MacBook Pro. I do all my work on a PC laptop w/docking station and play with the Mac. Eventually I'll move everything over to the Mac. I have it running with a PC emulator called Parallels. Works good.
Yea, I may buy parallels. I have a Zune for my mp3 player, and given its made by MS, theres no mac compatability. Parallels glitches it to allow it to run. Only problem is...its $80.

T

tizzo

That video is funny mimz... But I'm kinda thinking that guy has no idea how to use a computer... To delete a file without knowing your doing it?? That doesn't happen on macs, and to rename without knowing your doing it??
And to not know where to find the update manager??? Those things are rediculously easy, lol...
But I laughed my but off, his animated character is awesome!
Not as good as the kid on transformers though, lol

mimzy

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/2713598
That video is funny mimz... But I'm kinda thinking that guy has no idea how to use a computer... To delete a file without knowing your doing it?? That doesn't happen on macs, and to rename without knowing your doing it??
And to not know where to find the update manager??? Those things are rediculously easy, lol...
But I laughed my but off, his animated character is awesome!
Not as good as the kid on transformers though, lol

the video is very old; before the days of a straightforward update manager. back then it used to just tell you something needed to be updated and u had to go find the executable urself. Same thing w/the renaming and deleting.... macs are very temperamental, but they used to be worse. My Dad (an electrical engineer) had to work with them a lot when he was doing image processing. He had all these complaints. Files just...dissapeared. The thing about not copying the actual file but only creating a shortcut was true - and is STILL true unless u KNOW to click cloverleaf-c instead of just clicking and dragging stuff as u can on a PC.
I love the "boat anchor" line. that's the BEST. THE BEST!

morval

welcome to the mac world! ive used them for years and love it. my GF made the switch a few years ago too and we will never buy a PC again. there just so easy and user friendly.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by Mimzy
http:///forum/post/2713696
t The thing about not copying the actual file but only creating a shortcut was true - and is STILL true unless u KNOW to click cloverleaf-c instead of just clicking and dragging stuff as u can on a PC.

I never knew that! I know I will find that useful in the future.
what is it cloverleaf/c drag?

lion_crazz

In my opinion, you can't go wrong buying it right from Apple. Free shipping from Apple and then you know you will have no warranty issues if anything ever does need servicing.

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
http:///forum/post/2714112
In my opinion, you can't go wrong buying it right from Apple. Free shipping from Apple and then you know you will have no warranty issues if anything ever does need servicing.
Yes but macmall is an authorized Apple dealer, gives you free shipping if you talk to the agent sometimes, or discounted. Free giveaways most of the time AND NO TAX. If you buy from apple online im sure they will charge you tax because there are tons of apple stores in Florida! This has nothing to any warranty issues nor will it void any warranty issues.

aquaknight

Not to rain on anyone's parade, or anything, but I've never had issues with either PC's or Mac (grant my Mac time it limited to some hours at school and using the roommate computer both of which are new), but christ, everybody makes the other out to be soo bad. What in the world is everybody doing to their computers I'm missing out on? The only times my PC goofed is from me either downloading stuff I know shouldn't be in the first place, or messing with files I shouldn't. The only times my PC's blue screen or freeze, is when I'm doing too much, multiple browsers open, media player open, AIM open, and a game playing. But this is a hardware issue (need more ram, faster cpu, better video card), not a platform problem.
Or using Final Cut Pro to edit videos on the Macs at school. Haven't had any problems tossing around multiple ten's of gb's movie clips.