Just ordered this beauty

spiderwoman

I couldn't believe my luck. This guy is huge and it's obscene red instead of typical orange.
Did I do good?

peef

Thats awesome! Do you have a pic with the polyps open? Are they red as well?

spiderwoman

Thanks guys! I thought it was a beauty too. It should arrive on Tuesday so I'll be taking pics as soon as it's opening up. Still not sure which tnak it's going to, most likely the 150 where it gets to be a nice center piece.

spiderwoman

Here are some pics from today.
The first one is about 15 minutes in the tank and the other after day lights are out and only actinics are on.

calaxa

I thought this thing was that nice bright red. The picture you took after it opened looks quite orange to me. Still a nice coral.

That is soooo pretty. I have one orange and several colonies on one rock that are orange. I love the orange center in yours it is awesome! You did really good!

subielover

Really beautiful piece. I just got one myself, it is more of an orange color though, and I also have a black sun coral polyp on the same piece

spiderwoman

Sorry the quality of these pics is not great, I didn't have my tripod handy and the coral was so nicely open.. actinics had just come on.
First with flash, second without

paintballer768

Very nice colony! Try feeding it some meaty foods, and keep cyano/detritus from settling between the polyps. Thats about all ya need to do