Just paid $2.90 for gas

1guydude

it aint goin down man! Other contries pay something like $5.00/gal
I use premium and believe me my lil VW aint cheap....not to mention my side skirt fell off today and i ran it over LOL!!!!
I think premium is something like $4.10/gal here in Wa....seattle wa not DC wa lol

tangs rule

Thanks to the Obama economy, gas should be 2 bucks/gal - but 3.80 at the pump ensures his monies for re-election attempts.

socal57che

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///t/388103/just-paid-2-90-for-gas#post_3420407
I use premium and believe me my lil VW aint cheap....not to mention my side skirt fell off today and i ran it over LOL!!!!
I think premium is something like $4.10/gal here in Wa....seattle wa not DC wa lol
Both of our other cars require premium. Luckily my wife's BMW roadster gets about 27mpg. My 57, on the other hand, is lucky to get 10. Our Toyota Tundra will burn 87 octane, but it backs the timing way off to do it. That doesn't help mpg on a 5500 lb truck with 400hp. It averages 15, but I can squeeze 20 out of it on long trips.

michaeltx

here its 3.83 yesterday and did not think I would see it that low anytime soon. would love to see the 2.90 LOL

S

siptang

3.39 here in SoFlo with 10c discount from winn dixie savings card and 5% cash back on my citi card(not counted in there).

mantisman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///t/388103/just-paid-2-90-for-gas#post_3420407
We have the capacity and ability, just not the political will, to produce all of our own oil. The countries where it's $5-8 a gallon import all of theirs and have no ability to produce domestically. It was the deregulation of oil trading in 1997 that guaranteed we will never see 75¢ a gallon gas again. It used to be that you could not buy or sell oil unless you produced, refined or retailed it. But when Clinton and the sellout Republicans passed the deregulation of the futures, that spelled the end of cheap oil-thus cheap gas. Another one of many reasons I am no longer a Republican. Ben Stein has an interesting piece on the subject and how big companies, like Goldman Sachs which is the largest oil commodities and futures trader in the world, are buying and selling oil like 6 or 8 times before it gets to refiners and 6 or 8 times after refining and eventually to us. These massive gas prices were planned by both parties when they deregulated oil trading.

geoj

:rotfl:
You give the politicians to much credit, all they know and care about is how much money will be contributed to there campaigns.

darthtang aw

I havent paid attention to gas prices in years. Not like i can price shop on it or decide...hey it is to expensive, think i will skip it today.

reefraff

Arm, Leg, what's the difference. Its in the 3.40 range here. I still need to try E 85 in the new truck but it's got to be at least 50 cents a gallon cheaper to make it worth it.

reefraff

http://www.denverpost.com/gasprices
If you move to the map it has gas prices listed by zip code all over the country. Drag to and Zoom in on your area and you can see where the cheap gas is near you.