Just some random tank pictures

choco

Not the greatest pictures. I just can't seem to get the full tank shot down method good. Oh well.

choco

Y'all keep saying, "Oh what a beautiful tank." To be honest, its nothing special but it is my first saltwater tank ever. :happyfish

cjml

Originally Posted by Choco
Just for the heck of it, I took some pictures of what it looks like under my tank and found some weird life going on.

Bristles--good scavengers and help clean the sand. Some say they eat fish? Not sure about that
Guess it depends on how big they get! Love your little house in your tank-beautiful tank btw! :happyfish

choco

I don't think they are bristleworms. I am pretty sure bristle worms stay in the rocks and come out at night on the sand. Not to mention, these worms don't have bristles.

taznut

my choc star was fine in my tank in till i put in the hammer, then it killed it... nice tank... i know the egg crate is for corals you are fragging and i have seen others put frags on it, what is the purpose of using it??? (new to this and dont know anything about fragging)

catawaba

Originally Posted by nctarheels
you have a chocolate chip starfish in a reef tank and it doesnt destroy?
Makin' me nervous also!

catawaba

Originally Posted by Choco
Y'all keep saying, "Oh what a beautiful tank." To be honest, its nothing special but it is my first saltwater tank ever. :happyfish
That's not very gracious.
When you posted the photos, were you looking for criticism only?

choco

Originally Posted by Catawaba
That's not very gracious.
When you posted the photos, were you looking for criticism only?

Not criticism, just comments. I thought you guys were being to nice for there are by far better tanks out there.
Here are some newer pictures. BTW, I got rid of the egg crate and sold lots of frags at my local saltwater club and got some cash.
Got some new things. BTW, I did sell my chocolate starfish.

choco

BTW, all that redslime you see in my pictures is now completely gone. I have won the battle. But I have a new problem. I found this in my tank. What a nightmare and this is no bristle worm. It has been identified by a worm expert as a mollusc eater. The worm expert actually wants me to catch it, put it in a jar of rubbing alcohol and send it to her because many biologists are interested in this uncommon species. Anyways, here it is.

choco

Originally Posted by racinmom
oh my amazing pictures i bet that tank took alot of time. do you think you could help me get my tank going??? I just need a little advice. email me if you will help my17vmotorsports@aol.com thanks mandy great tank!!

The tank is just slightly over a year old. I would be more than happy to help you out. In the mean time, here is some more pictures.

barchtruong

good camera. very crisp.
I don't know how much flow you have in tank and ur top view is incredible.
I have 2 phs blowing head on each other, 2 HOB Penguin filters and the skimmer.
I sure don't see anything below my tank water surface even when I arrange and clean my tank cuz the flow is really strong.

choco

Originally Posted by barchtruong
good camera. very crisp.
I don't know how much flow you have in tank and ur top view is incredible.
I have 2 phs blowing head on each other, 2 HOB Penguin filters and the skimmer.
I sure don't see anything below my tank water surface even when I arrange and clean my tank cuz the flow is really strong.
I turned off all my powerheads and my return pump in order to take pictures like that.
TriGa22, it took me a long time before I could finally figure out the way I wanted my tank to look. I ususally rearrange my rockwork when its only necissary like when I have to catch a very fast fish or make room for an anemone.