Just started my new 36g Tank!

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaria http:///t/389867/just-started-my-new-36g-tank/140#post_3456859
I guess i was just wanting to see if anyone had an experience where you ordered from SWF.com and had a fish get sick either in the Qt or DT?
NICE! Congrats on your new fish!
Thanks!
People have ordered fish from here that got sick, DOA, or died. There are some that have had fish that had ich, but that is why I recommend QT'ing.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaria http:///t/389867/just-started-my-new-36g-tank/140#post_3456903
I see! Thanks a bunch!
Im going to have to look into setting up a QT tank soonish.
Im just a super budget lol
It's better to spend $40.00 setting up a 10g QT, than spend $40.00 on a sick fish that kills all the other $30.00 to $100.00 fish in the DT.
We all have a budget, you have to prioritize what gets purchased first, then move to the next important thing to get.

xandrew245x

It's better to spend $40.00 setting up a 10g QT, than spend $40.00 on a sick fish that kills all the other $30.00 to $100.00 fish in the DT.
We all have a budget, you have to prioritize what gets purchased first, then move to the next important thing to get.  
:t^: Couldn't be more spot on, I myself wasn't going to set up a QT tank, but the more I have learned, the more I realize how important they really are, one 30 dollar fish could kill the $1000 of live stock you have in your tank, don't take the risk!

aquaria

Hey everyone!
So ive been a bit busy to post lately, but im a bit free right now so i figured i would post an update for anyone following!
Its week 7 now since set up and my current stock list is:
1 Percula Clown (added week 5)
1 Six Line wrass (added week 7)
1 Brittle star (added week 6)
3 Hermits (added week 6)
2 Turbo Snails (added week 5)
My Water levels are:
Ammo- 0
NiTRITE- 0
NiTRATE- 10
Phosphate- <.25
Everything seem to be doing quite well, just added the 6 line today, but he seems to be eating and well.
I have been feeding once a day, frozen formula 1 and mysid (not both at the same time)!
Also, my brown algae bloom is kind of subsiding but is still pretty abundant. Is that normal at 7 weeks?
As soon as i can get some good pictures i will post them!
Thanks everyone who has helped me along the way! Things are looking good!