just starting

vicmoconre

:help: I have recently decided to switch from fresh to salt water. I will be going to a 30 gallon tank, what fish are best for this size keeping in mind color, temperment, and my sons love for finding nemo. Also can anyone tell me what fish are in the movie. My own research has proven a little lacking. Thanks

cindyski

hi pate
as i have read from many many posts here and even read in books, any tang will require 125 gal + tank. some people have gotten away with smaller (55-75), though i dont know how long their tangs actually lived.
hth

pate2929

hello cindiski :) i guess since my tank isnt big enogh for one of those i might get a carp instead:D just kidding, this site is awesome i have already averted huge mistakes thanks to you gies, by the way i switched to sand and it is awesome my water is crystal clear now, i will post a picture when my wife shows me how to operate the camera.

cindyski

Originally posted by pate2929
hello cindiski :) i guess since my tank isnt big enogh for one of those i might get a carp instead:D just kidding, this site is awesome i have already averted huge mistakes thanks to you gies, by the way i switched to sand and it is awesome my water is crystal clear now, i will post a picture when my wife shows me how to operate the camera.

glad to hear your tank is clear! these are a great bunch of people here!:jumping:

stryder

I like firefish alot, I think they are so pretty. They are very peaceful, but you have to be careful because they are jumpers. I personally like the purple firefish best:) A good way to find out about a fish youlike is to type the fish name into a search engine,(yahoo, goggle etc.) and a ton of websites will come up. Good luck and welcome to the board!!
Stryder