Just what I need...another snowstorm!!!

browniebuck

Evidently this round isn't going through Baltimore/D.C. area...we were supposed to get between 6-10" a little over a week ago...we got upwards of 16". We were supposed to get another 6-10" last Tuesday, we got another 12-14" instead. NOW...we are part of another Winter Weather Advisory that is projecting, you guessed it, another 6-10"...I wonder how much we will actually get this time??? Looking outside right now, it is falling in the inch+ per hour range. We went to a late lunch/early dinner right as the snow was starting and came out to at least an inch of the white stuff!!!!
THANK GOD FOR SNOWBLOWERS!!! If I didn't have mine, I would have a chiropractor on retainer at this point with all of the people that I try to keep unburied in my neighborhood....though that load got a little lighter when one of the old ladies next door decided to rip me for throwing snow onto their precious bushes...not a "thanks for helping us out, but could you try to avoid the bushes when snowblowing our driveway for free", but a "when you are running that DA$% snowblower, make sure you aren't throwing it against our house or into our bushes". I have still been doing the end of their driveway and their sidewalk, as that is where the snowplow throws the heavy stuff...but I will be damned if I am going to help someone out and get treated that way...in 8 years of taking care of their snow for them, I have received a "thank you" a grand total of three freaking times (sorry for venting...but man did she get me fired up!)!!!
AND....to top it all off, my sheltie pup (10 months old) decided to drop a dook on my snow angel in the back yard, the nerve!!!

btldreef

Originally Posted by browniebuck
http:///forum/post/3229553
AND....to top it all off, my sheltie pup (10 months old) decided to drop a dook on my snow angel in the back yard, the nerve!!!

My dog peed all over my snowman last week. After backing at it for a good 15 minutes as if it were a real creature that was going to attack him, he jumped all over it and peed everywhere. He showed that snowman who rules the backyard!
I know how you feel about the cranky neighbor, we don't shovel our neighbors driveway anymore (they're like 80+ years old and yes, we shovel, no snowblower here) and the old lady complained that we didn't shovel close enough to her mailbox and she couldn't get her mail.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/post/3229793

My dog peed all over my snowman last week. After backing at it for a good 15 minutes as if it were a real creature that was going to attack him, he jumped all over it and peed everywhere. He showed that snowman who rules the backyard!
I know how you feel about the cranky neighbor, we don't shovel our neighbors driveway anymore (they're like 80+ years old and yes, we shovel, no snowblower here) and the old lady complained that we didn't shovel close enough to her mailbox and she couldn't get her mail.

At least your dog just peed, and didn't hump it....

browniebuck

So, I ran the snowblower this morning...about 4-6". Came back in and took a shower, while I was in the shower, the snowplow came down my skinny little street 4 FREAKING TIMES (you are only allowed to park on one side of the street and even then, you have to be careful driving)!!! Now, a little over 5 hours later, I have at least another 3-5 inches....time to fire the snowblower back up and take care of the handywork of my friend the snowplow driver along with mother nature's cruel idea of a joke!!!
On a positive note, I just sent in my yearly dues for my Sunday Traveling golf league...I honestly have to question whether all of this crap will be gone by April 11th! I think that we are up to about 30 inches over the last week and a half (my apologies Crypt...I know you have a LOT more, but I am sure that it will be gone before mine is).

tank a holic

I have the opposite problem (with plowing, not the snow)
Im about an hour south of you and we have a ton of the white stuff
my deal is I plow all the driveways on my road (rural) and the neighbors say thanks and thats great but they keep offering me gifts or money, I decline but they dont take the hint. If i dint't want to do it, I wouldn't yanno....
I'd rather be in my shoes that yours, and I dont think this forum is appropriate for my responce to that woman.... to say the least I wouldnt blow 1 flake of snow for her even if her sidewalk was 10 feet deep
but im salty like that, if i like you i'll give you the shirt off my back, if i dont.... read between these 3 lines

browniebuck

the only reason that I have continued to do the sidewalk and the end of their driveway is that I don't want to walk outside and see a dead old lady lying in the snow with a shovel by her side and know that I could have prevented it. I am a firm believer in "pay it forward" and hope that someday someone will be there for me, as I don't have any kids that could take care of me when I get old and "haggy". I still have 3 other driveways that I take responsibility for as well as a total of 7 sidewalks (for our mailman who loves my pups and stops to pet them whenever the door is open).

browniebuck

I am hoping that this is a case where the meteorologist is wrong, like they seem to be nearly every time I schedule a round of golf in advance (only to see it not happen because of rain)...but I heard today that we (NE Ohio) are supposed to get another storm Sunday into Tuesday that is being projected to be as bad as round 1 was 2 weeks ago Saturday!!!