Just when you thought your missing fish was dead!

notsonoob

Note to all the new aquarists. If you haven't seen your fish (diamondback goby) for a couple of weeks, even after missing him during feedings, do not assume that they are dead.
I did. Had my egg crate off as he was the only jumper overnight...hadn't seen him in three weeks and left him for dead as he was constantly bullied by a Bicolor Pseudochromis and a female terrorist clownfish (to put it mildly).
I found him next to the tank on the tile floor!!!!!!!!

I need to invent the fishy tazer!
Minus 3 gobies from my tag team champions

t316

Sorry for your loss, but on the other hand, I am glad to hear that he was alive all that time. I put a diamond in on April 11, and I have not seen him since. I put eggcrate tops on as well, just for him, but I still have them on, in some wild hope that he is still in there somewhere

gliderjohn

Sorry for your loss, too. But thanks for sharing. My diamond goby disappeared yesterday. The night before he was fine. But he wasn't there for the morning head count, not there for last night's feeding and not there this morning. I keep eggcrate on all the time, but I will go back and double check the floor around the tank. Except one of my mastiffs would by now have gotten rid of any evidence.
This is the second fish in about a month that's disappeared without a trace. We had a bangaii cardinalfish (also apparently quite healthy) that just vanished one night.
I'm beginning to think I have some sort of hidden predator that I'll need to look for.

T

tizzo

The guy I bought my tank from told me that one of his fish attacked and killed his blue head wrasse and some others...
While breaking down the tank we found 3 very pale, but alive fish in the overflow.
2 large 3 spot damsels and 1 blue head wrasse, lol.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by NOTSONOOB
http:///forum/post/2597913
I estimate time of death was probably about 2:00 AM.
He was found sometime around 9:00 AM....
I am sorry to hear that. I had a goby jump once as well :(
Originally Posted by Tizzo

http:///forum/post/2598581
The guy I bought my tank from told me that one of his fish attacked and killed his blue head wrasse and some others...
While breaking down the tank we found 3 very pale, but alive fish in the overflow.
2 large 3 spot damsels and 1 blue head wrasse, lol.
Wow!