just witched over to VHO, got a quick question

fishfreek

Hay guys, i just switched my 38g reef lighting over from PC to VHO. I was running a 192w PC retro setup and now have 300w of VHO using an icecap 660. WOW..what a difference! I was only able to go with 4- 75w bulbs, seeing my canopy is a 1/2" too short to use 95w bulbs. When its time to reorder bulbs, i will definately mod my canopy the 1/2" to fit those buggers in!
I really love the look of my lighting now! I run 2-URI whites and 2-URI actinics. The one thing that did surprise me is that it does not appear as "bright" looking as my PCs were(but still looks MUCH better). Is this normal? I used to run 1-96w 50/50 and 1-96w real 03 actinic.
Can someone post some pics of there tanks using this same lighting setup?
thanks

racinereef

hey where in wisconsin i am running 640 walts of vhos and planing to add m/h so i can get my hard corals as you can tell i am in racine here aresome photos of my tank 125 made stand and hood myself :happyfish

racinereef

its only 7 months old after the reset of the move of a 14 year reef so i had to start all that is why tere is a lot fo plant which i am taking care or as we talk yousee i start with just rock and plant where everything gets a good hold then i add the corals and the fish and i dont ever have to feed this tank it take care of it shelf

littlebuck

here is my set up prob looks just like urs. LOL Also put a pic of my tank havent taken a new pic of the tank but its with the 300 vho set up on it. Also its a 29 gallon with 300 watts of vho.

fishfreek

I appreciate everyone posting pics of their tanks!
Littlebuck, my tank does most resemble yours. Yours seems a bit more blue than mine, but i think thats just the pic and proly looks more purple in real life. Do you run 2-URI actinic and 2-URI whites? My corals love the new lights, it just isn't as bright as the PCs i ran before.
racinereef, i live in Kimberly.(its near Appleton) I know what you are getting at with your tank. I'm sure after things settle down, your tank will come out looking like a champ!
WhoDey, very nice looking tank! What bulbs do you use?