Just wondering is anyone here from AL?

C

coankas

Just wondering if you are give me a bunch of threads, Please!!!

kobetai

i am from alabama...birmingham to be exact. pretty new to swf...so sorry i don't have many threads. i gained lots of info thru this site.

belothsurf

Sort of, we call anywhere south of Montgomery....LA. You must have visited our lovely state when you were in the Navy. I was in from 89-93. Never made it to Ohio, but spent way too much time in Chicago:nervous:

808smokey

Originally posted by belothsurf
Sort of, we call anywhere south of Montgomery....LA. You must have visited our lovely state when you were in the Navy. I was in from 89-93. Never made it to Ohio, but spent way too much time in Chicago:nervous:

Chicago blows... sorry everyone. I was there for Basic, Tech Core, A school and C school, 1.5 years, 2freezing winters. I was an ET. My ship pulled into Pasc. MS for repairs.

belothsurf

Yeah, that's what I figured. We almost went down there, instead did a 5 month overhaul inport at Charleston. I was an electricians mate, so that meant some long days for me. And I was in Chicago for the same reasons...I didn't like the base...the City was Ok.........it was windy......:D

dive1

I Live in Pascagoula Ms. and belong to a club in Mobile which just celibrated 1yr up and running...we exchange ideas and meet once a month to party and trade frags. This rotates from members house to another. Feel free to ck out our site. I hope I do not break any rules...we do not advertise or see anything other than what is in our own private tanks. www.mbrk.com Good luck TBmoore.

sculdermut

30 miles north of Birmingham here.
While we're on the topic, here's someone else from Alabama:
Vulcan is now a bobblehead!

belothsurf

I don't know about you, but I grew up in Bham, and I can remember being a little kidster and looking at Vulcan as we drove by, to see what color his torch was. I can remember thinking, it is red, someone has died. Which, for anybody that doesn't know, Vulcan is a big ass Iron statue that sits on a mountain above the city of Birmingham. It is the largest Iron statue in the world. It's not as big as the Statue of Liberty, but it is not much smaller. He has a torch also, which is actually lit, green or red. It used to mean wether someone had died in a auto accident in Alabama that day. Red was a death. I can remember it being red many a time. Now that Vulcan has been refurbished, I'm not sure what the color of the torch symbolizes. Anyway.........

sculdermut

Yeah, I can remember it being green for a good day, and red for a death. Now that they've fixed him up, though, they've taken away his light and replaced it with a

[hr]
head, since that's what was originally in his hand way back when.

beaslbob

I'm in huntsville. does that count? spent 97-2001 or so in daleville. If you don't know where that is then it probably doesn't count LOL.

sculdermut

Hey beaslbob,
I noticed you're an aviation structural engineer. So, do you work for NASA at Marshall space center? I've been interested in working there. Where did you go to school, and did you actually major in aviation s.e., or just structural engineering. I'm two years away from my structural degree.

C

coankas

I am from the greatest of the plains in Alabama, I go to the best and brightest school here, where mass gamblin, and puttin strippers on a card is illegal, J/K all you bama fans. I just wanna know 808 Smokey is that really you pic, b/c if it is you are smokin!

beaslbob

Originally posted by sculdermut
Hey beaslbob,
I noticed you're an aviation structural engineer. So, do you work for NASA at Marshall space center? I've been interested in working there. Where did you go to school, and did you actually major in aviation s.e., or just structural engineering. I'm two years away from my structural degree.

I work for redstone arsenal as a department of army cilivian.
Get this iowa state university, Bs, aerospace engineering, 1969
:jumping:
Am also retired Air force and have an MBA from the university or West Florida.
As a structures type you probably worry about the loads on these tanks like do. Amazing we put so much weight and rocks on that bottom pane of glass.