Juv potters angel

daftboy

Well since Feb. I have been working at a local fish store part time for extra cash while in school and getting married at the end of the year. lol..There was a juvi potters that came in on Monday.. I saw him tues and he looked ok and not to scared ..i let him stay hoping someone would get him. NO dice... so today i picked him up.. He is in my tank now with the lights off i tried to push him to the left side of the tank because my clowns are agg. towards others ( i hope i didn;t scare him to much) The tank has been going for 2 years now and is in good cond. its at 8.1 ph cal. 370 78-80 degrees nitrate 0 nitrite 0 amm. 0 etc.. protien skimmer ,vortech mp 10. .. I was reading there caught in the wild. spawning was between dec. and may. he is still pretty small.. so id say 1 month old maybe ?
I was reading they like to graze on algae but i know its hard to get them to eat ... ideas ??

2quills

Nice fish. Mine does graze on the algae sheets but it also eats meaty food, scallops, shrimp, squid etc. I use the Rod's food that has a little bit of everything in there and haven't had any trouble with him eating. But they are pretty shy fish at first so it may take a few days for it to settle in as long as it's not getting picked on by other fish. Keeping the lights down for now is good. They generally live in a little deeper water with less light so that should help to get him adjusted. But mine acclimated pretty well and has turned out to pretty social for the most part. He gets along good with my lyre tail anthias. My ocellaris clown will chase him a little bit from time to time but doesn't really pick on him. Just likes to chase him away from his territory.

1guydude

KOOL fish man....i was gonna get one too but didnt because they are hard to keep or so i read. 2Quills has had success from his and i hope the same for you!
good luck with the new fish! They are omnivore and will eat anything u feed, as long as you can get him to eat.
+1 on the deeper water

daftboy

Well I saw him picking on some rocks yesterday and I tried to feed some mysis and spirla brine.. im gonna dose some cyeeze today before i leave as I won't see the tank till wed.