k...u tell me what this is

jden092901

I just looked in the back of my tank and saw this little thing...its clear...has 2 really small redish eyes...it kinda looks like a little ghost. it was moving around on the rocks..now i cant see it.

jden092901

i wasnt really flat...it had a round body...and the bottom kinda flaired out...and used its bottom to move around..and its large round head was poking up...kinda like a ocotpus.

renogaw

very possible you got an octopus hitchiker. sry i misread your original post. i've seen some pics of flatworms with eyes you can see

texasmetal

Not necessarily. But if you do find out it's an octopus, seal the lid, maybe put some sponge material around the intakes with a rubber band. If the rock is from Florida then it's probably an O. Mercatoris (see avatar) and they aren't likely to climb out of a tank. Very shy and secretive.

texasmetal

Originally Posted by kclester
he said it was small......not big
Um, well, dwarf octopuses are not big. Mantle's about the size of a peanut. That fits into my definition of "small". Now if they said it was the size of a pin-head I couldn't imagine even noticing it, and even more so it just sitting still long enough to get poked at.
Might not be an octopus at all, but the person happens to think it looked like it might possibly be one.

kclester

its hard to tell wut it is....only thing i ever seen that was see thru with small red eyes were the pics i posted....but its hard to tell wut he has