Kalk, Dose, Calcium Reactor?

jjboods

I have a 75 gallon tank. I currently do not have any LPS or SPS, but I'd like to start adding them. I want a method of adding calcium that is of average cost low maintenance. I have a calcium reactor that I bought on ----, but have never used. It is a Marine Life Aquatics CR-150 rated for tanks up to 150 gallons.
Is this a good reactor? Should I buy a CO2 tank, regulator, solenoid, and ph meter and try it out?
Should I buy an Aquamedic Reefdoser Twin and dose B-Ionic?
Should I buy an Aquamedic Reefdoser Triple and dose B-Ionic and Kalk?
I don't have an automatic top off system and the tank isn't in a convenient place to add one. My RO/DI system is under my sink about 30' away. I could run a tube from it, under the the floor to the basement, and back up through the floor to the tank stand, but would be a little concerned about spinging a leak somewhere. And, should an auto top off system be connected directly to an RO/DI unit anyway???
The cost of the Reefdoser Double is comparable to a CO2 tank, regulator, solenoid, and ph meter. Should I just use the doser with B-Ionic? Again, the tank is only a 75Gallon. The sump is only about 12 gallons, but I might be changing that to a larger one.
Thanks in advacne for the help.

belizeanlv

lmo,i went to walmart,got a 2 gallon water container wit the flip top control valve,5 bucks
i then took the device that comes wit ur power head to hang it on the side of the tank and i use it to control the flow into my tank from the container.next i mixed the calcium in a 5 gallon water bottle and siphone the top solution out and into the 2 gallon container and my calcium has been testin good,every 2 weeks witout a problem
maybe that might help?