kalk?

dbennett78

I read the sticky on dripping kalk, is this possible in a 10 gallon nano? I have a hang on filter so what are my options as far as dosing kalk. Im a newbie to the reefing business, but I want my tank to be successful. Let me know.

bang guy

I would suggest something like B-Ionic or other 2 part additive. Limewater can be dangerous for nano tanks.

dbennett78

So just follow the instructions on that product for dosing?
Also what do I need in the forms of tests and additives to keep corals. Can someone give me a list of everything I need for testing and supplementation?

aarone

well for the supplements i am listing you need a test kit so you do not over dose.
magnesium
calcium
Strontium and molybdenum
also get test kits for
alkalinity
ph
nitrate
nitrite
ammonia

overanalyzer

depending on what you want to keep I'd think regular water changes would keep your trace elements up.... I dripped kalk for a while and it did not have a huge impact on anything other than my halimeda plant going nuts .... so I slowly weened the tank off and the kalk levels have stayed withi nthe 450-490 range with regular water changes ....
so if you are doing softies and such I'd worry about keeping the water pristine and refreshed and not so much worry about adding all kinds of additives that you'd have to test for.
Having said that look for a thread from brooklyn johnny ... he covers a massively stocked 10 with a kalk drip ....