Kalwasser mix?

Ok, i finally got a IV drip bag and I am already to go on the kalkwasser drip over night, now my question is what kalk mix should i use? Should i buy the kalk mix off the dry goods section at saltwaterfish.com or do you make it yourselves? Also, when i do the drip at night are there any other additives that you would also add, as in calcium, iodine and other supplements that i currently add by hand, if so what?
I am currently having a problem with my purple algea, its seems like its starting to just break off in sections, this is why i am going to start using the drip. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

captained

Powdered mix for Kalk is cheap, I'd go that route myslef. MOST other additives do not mix well with Kalk- I think Kent has a chart on their site or in a catalog that tells you which few are OK to mix with Kalk or anything else.

paulkai

Bob,
Yep. I just started using Kalk myself. I'd been using the Kent Liquid Calcium. But what I do now is add a small amount of Kalk to a five gallon bucket that I have under my tank which has a drip device that I spliced into a level sensor. So anytime that level sensor gets to low the pump turns on and delivers RO water with Kalk to the tank. I continue to add liquid calc to supplement the Kalk. Tank looks great. But I wouldn't add any other chemical to the Kalk mixture. Add other supplements seperately.

GO FIND YOURSELF SOME PICKLING LIME. IT'S THE SAME STUFF! AND ALSO ALOT CHEAPER. HOW'S THAT? YOU LEARN SOMTHING NEW EVERYDAY!!!

wamp

To answer one of your questions. You need to add kalk at night unless your ph is a little low to begin with. Kalk will raise ph in your tank and if you add it during the day (ph normally higher in the day) it can cause to much flucuation in your tank between day and night. I have done both and neither caused any major problems. BUt.. why chance it? Good Luck!