KAT74's 14g Biocube Diary

blazin2k6

Wonderful looking new photos. I LOVE EM. Your clowns are so photogenic. Guess thats the spelling. But WONDERFULLLLL. Im totally jealous

nwdyr

Kim,
You'r tank looks so "clean" even you'r corals pose fro pic's
Love the crab in the middle saying hey look at me!!
Someday you will ahve to tell me how to "train" my tank!!

scopus tang

Kim, your tank looks very nice. Been trying to find time to read through the whole thread, but just haven't had time yet. Wanted to tell you however, that from what I've seen so far, its excellent.

Love the ricordia!

spanko

The pics of the clowns doing the stare down on the hermits are incredible. Seems like they could win some contest.

K

kat74

Originally Posted by Blazin2k6
http:///forum/post/2636730
Wonderful looking new photos. I LOVE EM. Your clowns are so photogenic. Guess thats the spelling. But WONDERFULLLLL. Im totally jealous
Thanks, Blazin'!~ You have some pretty sweet clowns yourself!~

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2636993
Kim,
You'r tank looks so "clean" even you'r corals pose fro pic's
Love the crab in the middle saying hey look at me!!
Someday you will ahve to tell me how to "train" my tank!!
That pom pom crab is a meanie! I added another one in there a couple of days after I added him and the next time I saw the other one, both of his pom poms were gone and he was missing 2 legs! I'm pretty sure that this pom pom had something to do with that! And I don't know why because he had his own pair of pom poms!

Originally Posted by Scopus Tang

http:///forum/post/2637075
Kim, your tank looks very nice. Been trying to find time to read through the whole thread, but just haven't had time yet. Wanted to tell you however, that from what I've seen so far, its excellent.

Love the ricordia!
Thanks so much for the compliment, Scopus Tang!~

Originally Posted by spanko

http:///forum/post/2638263
The pics of the clowns doing the stare down on the hermits are incredible. Seems like they could win some contest.
You think??? Those clowns are funny. They do this everytime a crab or snail comes too close to their brain. I guess they think that they're intimidating.

blazin2k6

How many crabs and snails you got in there for your cleanup crew ? just wondering what everyone has. I only have maybe 6 snails and 6 hermits in each of mine. should i add more ?

K

kat74

Originally Posted by Blazin2k6
http:///forum/post/2641141
How many crabs and snails you got in there for your cleanup crew ? just wondering what everyone has. I only have maybe 6 snails and 6 hermits in each of mine. should i add more ?
Hmmm.... I have to keep replacing nassarius snails because my hermits, no matter how many empty shells there are available to them, will still kill them.
I probably have about 10 dwarf blue legs sporting nassarius snail shells.
My current CUC is made up of about 15-20 dwarf blue legs, 4 nassarius snails, 7 astrea snails and 3 scarlet reef hermits. I also have 1 (possibly 2, haven't seen the 2nd one in a while) pom pom crabs. The blue legs are awesome little cleaners, so definately add a bunch of dwarf blue leg hermits.

howardj

WOW!!!
x 50 billion!
Your nano is Absolutely STUNNING!
What kind of clowns are those, True Perc?
I love how they 'stare down' other things in the tank..

Like in the last pic.. looking at the boxer crab.

blazin2k6

Uh Oh You are going to have her break your neck HowardJ calling her Picasso Clowns, True percs. LOL. THey are picasso clowns btw HowardJ. Very exspensive clowns.

howardj

well, I didn't quite think they looked like True -- not enough black.. but they could've been young?

But I didn't think Picasso's has any black in them?

halostalker

wow kate tank is looking amazing, it must be so nice to have a tank like that home=P.
wow pom pom crabs huh can't believe u got 2..... i got 5 and 4 had no pom poms and now at least 3 have 2 pom poms each and the other 2 are sporting one i think... and they didn't hurt or kill each other.(it might be that ur first was in the tank for a while by its self and got territorial).
well keep up the good work and from now on im back yay=P so i'll be updating it too but i wish i had a good cambera lol.

K

kat74

Sorry that I have been MIA for a little while. I've been sick with a wicked summertime cold and an evil cough that won't go away, so I'm staying pretty doped up on Tussionex, which is awesome and the only thing that will help me get some sleep. I'm also still dealing with a lot of things at work. We're about to open another dialysis clinic, so I'm still having to plan the grand opening and all, sick or not.
and you know the "cliche" that it seems like everytime you go on vacation or you're away for a few days, or there is any kind of break in the "routine", something goes wrong with your tank... well, this time around, it was with my 29g at work. I've lost my sweet little bicolor blenny.
My staff went in everyday to check on my babies and had the aquarium maintenance guy check my water and feed my fish last Friday, but when I came in on Saturday to check on things, I couldn't find my blenny anywhere. I removed the top and removed everything from the back chambers to see if he might have jumped back there, but nothing. No traces of his little body anywhere. So now he's gone. His little hole is empty. I miss that sweet little thing.

I don't know what could have happened to him. He wasn't sick. Healthy as can be and really the "King of the Tank".

So I think that I am going to sell my entire 29 gallon set up to someone local. It will take awhile though because I won't let my little n-a-k-e-d clowns go to just "anyone".
My 14 is doing very well. The elegance is happy and healthy and my duncans are growing more and more heads everyday it seems. It's got to be the fastest growing coral ever. My Picasso's and the possum wrasse are absolutely precious. All 3 of them swim together and the possum wrasse will even get in the brain with them. I think he thinks that he's a clown too. It's the sweetest thing to watch. They are so peaceful and loving towards each other. I'll have to take a pic and post it.

Anyway, if I'm away for awhile, it's probably because I'm busy or sick, but I'll try to catch up one day soon! Miss you all!

R

regina13

Your back!!!
Sorry about you loss, and hope you find a good home for the 29. and n aked clowns.

T

touchthesky00

first of all, awesome tank
second, do you have the standard 14g biocube lighting? which would be 48 watts? if im right...?

m33flah24

wow..your gettng rid of your 29g...man i wish i was local to you...i would love to take your nakedclowns...i fell in love with the nakedclowns through your 29g and pics of them...now i'm waiting for my lfs to get them in...get better with your sickness and good luck with your tank...it looks awesome

silverdak

Originally Posted by touchthesky00
http:///forum/post/2653592
first of all, awesome tank
second, do you have the standard 14g biocube lighting? which would be 48 watts? if im right...?
I think the lights are 24 watt... thats what the ballasts say on them

T

touchthesky00

Originally Posted by SilverDak
http:///forum/post/2654212
I think the lights are 24 watt... thats what the ballasts say on them
hmm jw, cuz i saw she had a lot of corals that i thought needed much more light

nwdyr

Sorry for you'r loss Kim!! I lost my new little Maroon clown today
I saw a group of snails and crabs brawling and I knew there was trouble...sure enough I saw what they were fighting over and it was my new buddy
It was obviously way to late to save him, I just got him on fathers day. That's what I get fro buying myself a gift