KAT74's 29g Biocube Diary

KAT,
You may have save me some $ ! I can put your pix on a slideshow and forget the aquarium!

Would you help this nubee out, please? I have been trying to decide on a nano system... ie: Aquapod, Eclipse, JBJ, and Red Sea Max. How have I missed seeing the BIOCUBE
? Would you send me a link?

awesome nano where did you get those powerheads? ( what brand?)
please list your clean up crew and how you maintence such an awesome tank

K

kat74

Wow! Thanks, everyone, for the nice compliments!

I say this all the time, but truly, I was inspired by our very own nano queen Demartini.
Questions... let's see... NaCl+H2O Fish
You are too funny!~ I'll be glad to help you out in any way that I can, but trust me when I say that there are others in this forum that I have learned from who are truly awesome and if you ever need any advice, just post in this forum and they will help you out! No need to put my pics in a slideshow to "save some money".... ;) soon, you'll have a tank that will look just as good, if not better, than mine!~
Oh yeah... and definately go for the Biocube 29!~

Mach03InFront
.... In the display, I have two Hydor Koralia 1 powerheads that have worked very well for me. As for a clean up crew, I have probably 15-20 tiny blue leg crabs, scarlet reef crab, electric blue leg crab, some other type crab that I'm not sure what he is, 6 astrea snails, 1 big mexican turbo snail, 8 small nassarius snails, 1 fancy nassarius snail, 4 striped turbo snails, 1 queen conch and I'm not sure if you can count these two as part of a "clean up crew", but I also have a pom pom crab and a fire shrimp. Between all of them, they get the job done!~

Maintenance wise, I do daily tank wipe downs, weekly 15% water changes and use Chemi-pure Elite and Purigen in the back chambers. I don't use the stock filter cartridge and use a filter floss over the drip tray in the 2nd chamber. Other than that, I just sit back and enjoy!~
MaTT B
.... your tank WILL look like this and better!~

Thanks, again, for the compliments!~
It's about to change again... tomorrow, I am trading my red lobophyllia and frilly mushroom for some orange ricordeas, fire and ice zoanthids and yellow polyps, and on Friday, I will be getting 8 different zoanthid frags and a red with blue center blastomussa frag.

KAT74 a.k.a NanoChick,
I am suggesting we rename you to the:
"Oceanic BioCube NanoChick"

After reading
your advice to TWENTY12... I feel this is the only right thing to do! Of course the clincher was to send him a link to your PIX
That I am positive clinched the deal!

I hope the good folks at OCEANIC
know what a big fan you are?

K

kat74

Originally Posted by NaCl+H2O Fish
I hope the good folks at OCEANIC
know what a big fan you are?

Ya think it would inspire them to make a Biocube larger than the 29 and send it to me for free?

Thanks, again! You are too sweet!~

nietzsche

i like that yellow fin fairy wrasse, can you tell me some more about it? and how come you traded it out the sixline for it? are they safe with clams?

K

kat74

Originally Posted by nietzsche
i like that yellow fin fairy wrasse, can you tell me some more about it? and how come you traded it out the sixline for it? are they safe with clams?
Well, I've had it since last Friday, and it's still in that "shy and getting used to the tank" syndrome. It mostly swims around the back and under the "cave", but is not shy one bit when it comes feeding time! He will swim right out front and eat with the rest of them! He is
a jumper and has tried to jump out of the tank a couple of times whenever I open the top to move things around, but since my system has a canopy that I can open as little or as much as I want to, all I've heard him do was jump and bump up against the top.
I traded my sixline in because he was an aggresive little thing and I knew that it wouldn't be a good idea to have him in there as well as the fairy wrasse.

I'm not sure how they are with clams... I only know that they are "reef safe", so perhaps they should be fine with clams?

Originally Posted by KAT74
Ya think it would inspire them to make a Biocube larger than the 29 and send it to me for free?

Thanks, again! You are too sweet!~

I'm thinking g g g g, YES!.... Could happen 'Oceanic BioCube 29 Nano Chic' !
Why not send them the pix of your tank and the links of the 'threads' to this message board promoting your success and enthusiasm with your BioCube 29 to let them know how big a fan of their products you are?
They may need a home aquarist, like yourself, to evaluate their new products! Worth a try!
You could begin by suggesting better powerheads and built in protein skimmers! Why have to purchase ANY mods to tweak the system? Right?
I hate to disappoint you, but I have a deposit on a Red Sea MAX. I find it to be a more complete out-of-the-box system, albeit more expensive. I would welcome your comments...

K

kat74

Originally Posted by NaCl+H2O Fish
I hate to disappoint you, but I have a deposit on a Red Sea MAX. I find it to be a more complete out-of-the-box system, albeit more expensive. I would welcome your comments...

Hmmmm.... well, you have my total support on that decision!~

I would have loved to have gotten the Red Sea Max, but man o' man... the price.
It is
a very sweet tank though and I know that you're gonna enjoy it!~

I am sure that Oceanic doesn't need suggestions from me on how to make a better product. I'm sure they've already heard about it from thousands of others!

Be sure that when you get that tank set up, you post some pics, okay?

Originally Posted by KAT74
Hmmmm.... well, you have my total support on that decision!~

I would have loved to have gotten the Red Sea Max, but man o' man... the price.
It is
a very sweet tank though and I know that you're gonna enjoy it!~

I am sure that Oceanic doesn't need suggestions from me on how to make a better product. I'm sure they've already heard about it from thousands of others!

Be sure that when you get that tank set up, you post some pics, okay?

But of Course I Will.....!
After all I am going to still need everyone's help!

Since 1967 I have set up 4 marine tanks with mixed success.
One thing I have learned is that you can't know enough about marine aquaria keeping and patience in the pursuit of this passion is a DEFINITE virtue!

Young lady, please don't underestimate the value of your input to Oceanic as an owner of their Bio Cube 29! You have already made a minor mod to there system, power heads right? They need to know that!!!! You are already desiring a larger system... are you not? I am sorry
to have decided on another brand, but I see the Red Sea MAX as VERY complete, No add on system... I have one coming at $ 499. Good? Please don't think I'm
!
It's probably blasphemous to tell you this on this site, but I found a LFS in Broward Co., FL that has impressive inverts and extensive care info..... Tell me what you think?
http://www.aquacon.com/index.html
Always enjoy our conversations...
Warm Regards

shrimpi

so is that your little blenny sticking out of the rock in this pic? lol its so cute!
your tank is awesome!

K

kat74

Originally Posted by Shrimpi
so is that your little blenny sticking out of the rock in this pic? lol its so cute!
your tank is awesome!

Yep!~ The one and only!

He's such a ham! LOVES to find a way to get his pic taken!~

K

kat74

I have updated pics to share, especially now that my yellowfin fairy wrasse has decided to come out and be social.

Does anyone know what these are??

Zoas everywhere!~

K

kat74

I think I'm gonna have to do something about this brain... it's getting HUUUUUGE!~

Isn't my yellowfin fairy wrasse a beauty?

Such a fast little booger, it's hard to get a clear pic of him!~

I thought this pic came out really cool and wanted to share it!~

K

kat74

What a difference a couple of weeks makes!

and 1 month later.... the two at the bottom