keeping coral rock in place

sundance

I see many beautiful reef setups here and was wondering, how do you keep all this stuff in place and looking natural? Do you just wedge the rock in place when you get something new on a rock or do you affix it in place. If you affix it how do you do it?
Thanks,
Sundance

krux

if i want it to stay, i make a ball of putty and adhere it to the bottom of the rock the new coral is on. then i turn it upside down and use a ball point pen cap to make an indentation in the putty. i then fill this with superglue, and gently dunk the frag under water, still upside down (so the water pressure doesnt force its way into the glue chanber. once the skin has formed over the glue, you position the rock where you want it, and gently smash it into position. the glue pocket will break, adding the strength of the superglue to the holding power of the epoxy. this is especially helpful on vertical surfaces, where putty can take some time to dry underwater and frequently falls from its new position.
here is a fast diagram a bottom view, and a side view. not gluing up any stuff today or i would take some photos of the process for you.