Keeping Foxface Rabbitfish together?!

AquaAlexCard93

What is your opinion on keeping foxface rabbitfish together? I have done it before with no issues but that was because atleast I think, I had numerous hiding spots and a good sized tank.
I would like to keep a one spot foxface, a regular and a magnificent together. Would it be possible if I added all 3 together at the same time or do you think it is just too risky?
Below is a video of one of my older video with my trio of foxface.

lmforbis

I’d say no. Only one. These fish get to be quite large. The video shows very young fish What works for young fish doesn’t work for adults. Unless you have a very large tank in Excess of 300 gal it isn’t going to work. Your other post indicates you want a large lion as well. Tank size would be the first issue. How big is your tank? All these fish need a tank of at least 125 gal if kept singly. Multiples you’d need something much larger And even then the fox faces would potentially fight over territory.

AquaAlexCard93

I’d say no. Only one. These fish get to be quite large. The video shows very young fish What works for young fish doesn’t work for adults. Unless you have a very large tank in Excess of 300 gal it isn’t going to work. Your other post indicates you want a large lion as well. Tank size would be the first issue. How big is your tank? All these fish need a tank of at least 125 gal if kept singly. Multiples you’d need something much larger And even then the fox faces would potentially fight over territory.
Ok. Good to know. I will get just one foxface. The tank size is a 75 gallon and will eventually be upgraded to a 125 gallon.

lmforbis

Always Buy fish for the tank you have not the one you want. get The larger fish when you are set up to deal with them. Keep in mind tank mates. Anything smaller than the lions mouth will get eaten. Lions have very large mouths.

jay0705

i agree w above. Juvenile fish act totally different then mature adults. If you want a lion for a 75 look into dwarf lions

SALTWAT3RFISH

Administrator
Staff member
When it comes to fish aquariums, bigger is always better. Aside from the obvious spacial issues for the fish, more water volume is going to be easier to maintain chemical stability.

Reefing_with_John

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t recommend it as the fox face get massive! Depending on species about 15 inches! Unless you have a very large established tank. With multiple Foxface it should be at least 300 gallons. They can get quite aggressive as well