keeping the proper temperature

salttrigger

what's up guys.
I have a little problem. I don't know how to bring the temperature of my tank down and its gettig high every day, i live in CA.in a apt on the second floor and I can't install a AC in my apt(manager orders) so i was looking for a chiller for my tank but they are so expencive and I dont know what to do the temperature some times (in my tank) is 85 sometimes higher can enybody help me?

M

missycoral

can try fans across the top but you will go threw water like crazy. Sammy is very much on the right track with the DIY lower cost than a chiller and imo saves lot of time makeing or buying water. goodluck. Missy

M

missycoral

SALTTRIGGER, wanted to add to my other post i noticed you already said you were lookinginto a chiller but the cost. a DIY chiller is one that you make its 1/3 the cost of a chiller you would go buy, if your not sure you understand about a DIY email me i can send you the site on this. MPH8521@mediaone.net, Missy

salttrigger

I saw this in a magazine its call coolworks ice probe its about 4"Lx4"Wx7 1/8"Hwhit only 3 1/4"of the probe extending into the tank through a 1 1/4" hole, but I don't know if this thing will work in my 60 gallons tank it only cost $119.

I cooled mine down by 4 degrees by adding to computer fans [heavy duty] from radio shack for 16 bucks each workes great....my tank runs 78 at night to 82 daytime with 784 watts going into it ....cya

angelfish

Hey Salttrigger I also saw the ice probe and called the company about it. They said that it works for small tanks up to 55 gal. I've got a 90 gal so it won't work with mine either. Hate for you to spend the $119 on it and it not work for you. I'm also in the market trying to find a inexpensive chiller and the lfs has a used one for $200. I'm thinking of getting it.