Kent Float Valve

tangman99

I want to hook up an RO/DI unit directly to my sump. Is this a good or bad idea? Just thinking about flooding possibilities.
I want to buy a Kent Float Valve to do this, but I don't know if I need just the float valve or the complete kit. How does both the float valve and kit work? If all I'm starting with is a piece of hose coming from my RO/DI I'm assuming I need the complete kit.
I'm also assuming that I will need to drill my sump to add the float valve. I have an acrylic sealife systems sump. What do you use to drill these? Are they easy to crack? Do I want to do this myself?
Thanks for your help.

gregzbobo

I installed a kent float in my sump, a decent cordless drill will work, and a spiral drill bit will also work, just go fairly slow. Mine didn't crack. Don't use a spade bit. lol

dfimble

If you have a Kent RO/DI, I would get the kit. It should come with a device that when the presure in the system gets too high, (i.e. the float is shut off) that it will shut off incoming water. This will stop your "dirty" water from running when your clean water is stopped due to the float valve.
I have one, and it works very well.
David
p.s. If you don't have a Kent RO/DI, I believe the device will still work for you...