Kent marinr ro/di

exotics

I have a kent 50 gallon per day ro/di it is one year old.For some reason it makes 5 gallons an hour but it should only be making alittle over 2 gallons an hour any suggestion why it's making more. Everything has been replaced but the membrane . the temp is at 70 out of my kitchen faucet.Any ideas would be greatly appreiciated.Thanks Bill

weberian

I am guessing here but check to see if there are any valves that may setup a bypass around the membrane. Maybe it going a different route and not through the membrane? Is there only one model Kent of this type or maybe you could specify model # and others here might have same one?

exotics

It's the kent maxxima and it is not bypassing the membrane there is a blue color wrapper around membrane but I don't think you take that off

cain420

nope, but it is definately not gonna be fully filtered water if ur membrane is a year old and its givin more then its supposed to.. could have a damaged membrane

cain420

Originally Posted by Dischirm
are you sure that it is not the waste water? Are the tubes possibly backwards??
EWWW! drink some and find out! haha

exotics

The orange hose has a restricter on it and shouts out double the water.I thought membranes lasted 2 to 3 years