Kent phosphate sponge??

evieb

:thinking: Hello all. I have a quick question. I just bought Kent phosphate sponge. After rinsing it I placed some in a nylon stocking and tied it to the end of one of my powerheads so the water could flow through it. It seems to be working fine except the water is getting cloudy. Is this alright? Will it clear up later? Please let me know. I hope I didn't do anything wrong! :notsure: Thanks for you help. evie

wifishman1

i dont know about the sponge but i had the lil balls that went into the pouch and then into my canister.... there was a little cloudyness at first but soon cleared up. did you rinse the sponge???? some reqire that you do.

punctato

I've never used it, so my answer might be bogus. But maybe it's too much flow going through it, causing the material inside to stay stirred up?
I use Puragen, Chemipure and Polyfilters. Before the water returns to the tank, I have it go through an area that's packed with filter floss (cheap cotton stuff) to take out small particles.

T

tmy880

Originally Posted by Punctato
http:///forum/post/2086580
I've never used it, so my answer might be bogus. But maybe it's too much flow going through it, causing the material inside to stay stirred up?
I use Puragen, Chemipure and Polyfilters. Before the water returns to the tank, I have it go through an area that's packed with filter floss (cheap cotton stuff) to take out small particles.
Did it get real hot like the directions said?
How long did you keep it in for?

T

tmy880

Should phosphates be .00......my levels are .5 to .8 from the Seachem Test.