Kent vs Instant Ocean vs Oceanic vs Red Sea

dsmkilla

Probably been discussed before but let's hear it again. Which one outa these four is the most recommended?
Kent, Instant Ocean, Oceanic, or Red Sea?

stanlalee

I'd take the kent simply because its closest calcium to sea water. Oceanic is high, instant ocean is low. Redsea is inconsistant (I've got this brand often and tested batches from 360 up to 440). I dont prefer any of these but since you asked about those four in particular.

scottallert

i havent had experience with the others but i always get instant ocean by the 5 gallon bucket, and i havent been haveing any problems.

aztec reef

I always used IO..When you have more than one tank, Salt is salt.. The secret is to have the 3 amigos handy..cal,alk,magnesium supplements (just in case).. the rest is History..

kube

looking at those prices i would look into ordering online, i use oceanic (and like it) and get a 7 gallon pale that makes 200 gallons for $50 including shipping from F & S, there prices is $20 for 25 gallons it would cost 160 dollars to buy the equivilent in salt from the store you are at, just a thought

I have used Kent & Instant Ocean in the past, but I now use Oceanic and would not go back, but that is my personal 'taste'.

roberteb

Originally Posted by Kube
http:///forum/post/2896951
looking at those prices i would look into ordering online, i use oceanic (and like it) and get a 7 gallon pale that makes 200 gallons for $50 including shipping from F & S, there prices is $20 for 25 gallons it would cost 160 dollars to buy the equivilent in salt from the store you are at, just a thought

I looked for the 7 gallon pale on F & S but could not find it. Please pm me with link.
Thanks
Nevermind..I found it.

dsmkilla

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
http:///forum/post/2896686
I'd take the kent simply because its closest calcium to sea water. Oceanic is high, instant ocean is low. Redsea is inconsistant (I've got this brand often and tested batches from 360 up to 440). I dont prefer any of these but since you asked about those four in particular.
Yeah that's the one I was considering switching too. I use Oceanic right now and while I haven't had ANY problems I would still like to make sure that I am using good stuff since I know there's always something better. Rather than make things complicated I would just prefer sticking to one of the 4 brands that I listed :)