Kentucky Fragging

cjeffrey77

Hi! I'm a newbie here also, I live in KY and I was wondering if you guys have made a list or anything of the people in KY that would like to be involved in trading? I 'm just starting my tank now, it's cycled & i'm gonna put my first fish in soon. I'm also getting a better light here in a week or to & then i'm gonna start getting some corals, I would love it though if we could get a group of people here in KY to sell/ trade with each other. I'm not sure if we are allowed to post e-mail addy's here or not so if somebody could let me know that would be great. Thanks!
Also a couple of you were talking about a really good lfs store here, can I get the name & directions? Thanks

say

Originally posted by CJEFFREY77
Hi! I'm a newbie here also, I live in KY and I was wondering if you guys have made a list or anything of the people in KY that would like to be involved in trading? I 'm just starting my tank now, it's cycled & i'm gonna put my first fish in soon. I'm also getting a better light here in a week or to & then i'm gonna start getting some corals, I would love it though if we could get a group of people here in KY to sell/ trade with each other. I'm not sure if we are allowed to post e-mail addy's here or not so if somebody could let me know that would be great. Thanks!
Also a couple of you were talking about a really good lfs store here, can I get the name & directions? Thanks

Send me an email to pwrsrace@earthlink.net and I'll let you know what I know about Kentucky... If anyone else has any info on petshops etc... groups... etc... in Kentucky... send me an email also.. I'll try to get a list together for a group here in Kentucky.

icfish

Say,
Just Fish is located on Rosemont Gardens, it is a little gray house on the right, just past the railroad tracks if you're coming from Nicholasville Rd. I agree with rubberduck, Tony knows his sh_t. He is a marine biologist! Also, if you have any problems, he is a good person to ask.
IC Fish

icfish

Say,
I should have said this before, be careful at Regency, They are always treating their holding tanksfor parasites, may be a good thing may not be.

cjeffrey77

thanks say, i'll send you an e-mail either this evening or in the morn., i'm at work right now & for some reason I can't get into my e-mail from here.

rubberduck

NO incredipet though. they have EVERYTHING with ich. we need to start a trade club and EVERYTHING GUYS. this will be so sweet. BTW what are ur ages cause im only 15, but i still know a wee bit about fish:D

rubberduck

Originally posted by lawrence
Hello Duck, I live in Cincy Oh I am new to this hobby. I have a 135 reef I have some large and small pieces of what I call waiving hands colonies I am looking to get some different items for my tank . would you have intrest in the waiving hands ? Thanx Lawrence

do u mean Xenia?

icfish

Originally posted by RUBBERDUCK
NO incredipet though. they have EVERYTHING with ich.

No Animal House off Richmaond Rd, they sell dying fish.

icfish

NO incredipet though. they have EVERYTHING with ich. we need to start a trade club and EVERYTHING GUYS. this will be so sweet. BTW what are ur ages cause im only 15, but i still know a wee bit about fish:D

Robert - 36 - Been in saltwater for about 13 years.

icfish

Originally posted by say
If anyone else has any info on petshops etc... groups... etc... in Kentucky... send me an email also.. I'll try to get a list together for a group here in Kentucky.

You Have Mail

cjeffrey77

Chrissie-27
That would be great rubberduck, last year some time when I first started looking into the hobby, I was told that there was a club, which there is, I joined it was only $10.00. However I was told that I would rec. a card that I could use at some of the lfs in KY disc., never got the card or anything else from them, I even called them about it, they said they would send it, still never did. I guess I was looking for a group of people who really had knowledge about the hobby & would help each other out. I was told by the lady that I talked to however that they really just schedule dinner parties at each other's houses every so often so they can look at each others tanks. I would really love to get a really good group going though.

icfish

It would be good to have a Saltwater Fish Club in Lexington.
Maybe trade a few frags, just build knowledge.
How many of you are actually ready to start trading now though. I'm really not, I set up my tank last March, but I am really just now adding livestock.

tamsam

hey saltydog, i live in louisville, are you willing to sell any of the frogspawn or leathers? i'm too new to trade anything. also heard louisville will have a frag swap at aquatica reef 11481 blankenbaker access lou, ky may 14, 2005. 2-6 pm. please email me at tammysamuels68@hotmail.com. also, where do you buy your corals? thanks:cheer:

saltydog

In Louisville I like East End Aquatics, bought some from Aquatica and Sandy's. In Clarksville IN I use Green Tree. They have been a lot of help over the years.
I've got a real nice piece of frogspawn I'd be willing to sell.
-Salty

say

what's the best lfs in Lexington in everyone's opinion?? Anyone know of any other lfs's towards London and Corbin, KY??

rubberduck

Originally posted by Saltydog
In Louisville I like East End Aquatics, bought some from Aquatica and Sandy's. In Clarksville IN I use Green Tree. They have been a lot of help over the years.
-Salty

how much?

rubberduck

Originally posted by say
what's the best lfs in Lexington in everyone's opinion?? Anyone know of any other lfs's towards London and Corbin, KY??

JUST FISH BY FARMAN, here is a bullets of why
' he is a marine biologist
'cares more about u getting a good fish for ur tank.(no letiting u screw urself)
'even though a little more expensive, FISH ARE DISEASE FREE!!!!!!
'plus i love to look at his awsome display tank.
CHECK HIM OUT

rubberduck

Originally posted by Saltydog
-Salty

I THINK I WANT IT. would u offer some prices + will u bring it to my house if i buy it? i live in lexington, andover hills.

say

JUST FISH BY FARMAN, here is a bullets of why
' he is a marine biologist
'cares more about u getting a good fish for ur tank.(no letiting u screw urself)
'even though a little more expensive, FISH ARE DISEASE FREE!!!!!!
'plus i love to look at his awsome display tank.
CHECK HIM OUT

Where is Just Fish?