Kentucky Saltwater Aquarists

fish man

I would really like somebody close so that if I have a question I could call on the telephone or something. The only time I am on swf is at my parents.

mystic7

Here in Charlotte, NC we have a club which has it's own website and message board. Try doing a search for clubs in Kentucky. You'd be sure to find a lot of people if there's a club like that in your area.

nemo's mom

Not sure where Maysville is but I found a cool LFS in Louisville this weekend. Sandy's Pets I think....REALLY cool

nrage

I'm in N. KY near Cincinnati. Just started myself, but I get most of my info from my LFS and these boards...

O

oreo12

Originally Posted by Nemo's Mom
Not sure where Maysville is but I found a cool LFS in Louisville this weekend. Sandy's Pets I think....REALLY cool
I have bought lots of corals from them I though I had posted on here asking him how close he was to lousiville. I even tried telling him about that club but you aint supose to post link so I did not do that.

O

oreo12

I live about 80 miles north and have made sevreal drives down there There is another one on the north east side off 64 east of waterlo can't think of the name but man that is one fine shop as well Indy just don't have any as nice as those two. Also greentree in clarksville is nice as well.

nemo's mom

Please let me know if you come acoss the name or address....It's 40 miles for me one way but it's worth the drive...My LFS sucks. They usually only have 1 or 2 clowns on hand and they supplies are marked up about 50%....it's nuts

O

oreo12

on that site of the clubs there is a link to some local shops and I found it on there helpfull info web links check it out. I think they have phots of the shop on there site.

O

oreo12

Now that would be tough long drive for me. what part In you at?

rubberduck

im talkign about when i lived in lexington about 6 months ago. now i go to premium aquaticas. they are local. i live in fishers.

O

oreo12

Originally Posted by RUBBERDUCK
im talkign about when i lived in lexington about 6 months ago. now i go to premium aquaticas. they are local. i live in fishers.
Yea that is the place in indy worth going to I see they have added friday eveing as well as sat. hours now. I went up there last week and got a bunch of salt and a refractom

nanahugs

Thank you Rubberduck for mentioning a fish store here in Lexington. I have lived here 10 years and never knew. I called them to get directions there and found out that they propagate their own corals...cool. Anyway, a new fish store has also opened called Fishland. They opened around 6 months ago but the store is small and not much to buy there. I have bought some coral frags from the owner that were reasonable and a couple of fish when he had them in. Thank you for the reference to another store in my town. I will definately check it out.

rubberduck

Originally Posted by nanahugs
Thank you Rubberduck for mentioning a fish store here in Lexington. I have lived here 10 years and never knew. I called them to get directions there and found out that they propagate their own corals...cool. Anyway, a new fish store has also opened called Fishland. They opened around 6 months ago but the store is small and not much to buy there. I have bought some coral frags from the owner that were reasonable and a couple of fish when he had them in. Thank you for the reference to another store in my town. I will definately check it out.

hey np... the stuff can be pricy campared to fishland (which i was one of there first customers and a goood friend to the guy. I wander if he rembers me. Ask him if he remembers travis? im a 16 yearold kid that stoped in many a time. Anyways Just Fish is Very knowledgable but a bit pricy. They owner is also hard to gget along with
hes very stuck up and dry...but very nice specimens, There coral almost never died on me and seemed to thrive even when i passed it on to my cousin. Nice place overal and take a look at his show tanks in the first room. Very nice tanks. cool glad i could help.
travis

hughes07

not trying to steal the thread but what part of nky nrage. i also live in nky. what fish stores do you go to

O

oreo12

I live in souther Indana I shop in Indy and lousville a long with clarksville. hughes do you go to any of those araes or are you more in the lexigton area?