kenya tree help

hunt

well, my kenya tree was glued to a shell thing, but where i had it, it was touching and attached to a large peice of LR, if i ever want to move it, how can i without hurting it?

meowzer

LOL...Just rip it off the base....or cut it with scissors or a knife
BELIEVE me....these things are indestructable

fishtaco

Since we are talking about them, do these corals break off and frag themselves? I had a couple branches come off for no reason I could see and now they are attached, upright and growing a couple days later. I'm hoping this is natural because otherwise it means I have something else behaving badly in my tank.
Fishtaco

meowzer

Do they ever...LOL...I have a forrest in my 29G...and I pull a lot out of my 54G and toss them in my refugium and my pencil urchin eats them

L

lilredwuck

These things frag themselves, grow on powerheads, loose in the gravel, on the glass, wherever they want to. I was suggested today, to use some kind of snips and cut a chunk of the rock where it is attached to it I wanted to keep my LR when I get rid of them. I was told they are slimey and hard to get attached to a frag plug. This tank had about 5 of them less than a year ago. I just ripped all the ones off the middle rock, and moved all the loose ones and threw them in back so I could have something different. Thinking of just selling the LR with the Kenya Trees all together and getting some better looking rocks. Wish I had a light in my sump so I could just throw them all in there, until I could sell them and get my tank set up MY way.

kender

Meowzer, leave it to me to be able to kill of these things. I have a frag of kenya tree and it slowly and surely seems to be withering away and dying. My green star polyps and my green mushrooms are doing fine. I am the destroyer of Kenya Tree's... MUAHAHAHAHA!

L

lilredwuck

Just wait, it's fragging itself. I ripped a crap ton out, and a bunch of them turned turned dark, withered, and were limp forever. They will spring back up, they are just spitting pieces of themself all over the tank.

kender

Oh, I am not taking it out of the tank. I pretty much learned the only thing I take out of the tank is a dead fish after my cleaner shrimp pwnd me into thinking he was dead and all I fished out was an exoskeleton. LoL. So either the kenya tree will melt away into nothing or will frag.... but it sure looks pretty pathetic looking. I mean REALLY REALLY sad looking. I should take a pic and show you.
We'll see what happens...