kenya tree problem

I've had this coral for a month and it has been great until yesterday. When I came home from work it was all closed up and still has open yet. I checked my water parameters and the alk ans ca dropped, so I'm trying to get it back. No other coral in the tank seems to be having trouble. The only other thing is that 1a week ago I went from 110 watt vho to 220 watt vho of a 33 gallon tank. If the lights were to strong I'm sure I'd see a problem right away. Any ideas as to what I should do? Thanks in advance.

9lives

My kenya tree does that all the time. It will be extended most of the time and then it will be tightly closed for a couple of days,then great again.

J

jupoc911

anything near it that could be ircking it a lil? They grow fast and if something is next to it preventing it from growing it will close up like that. Mine only closes after it feeds but that is only its polyps not the stalks.

One thing I did notice and you can see it in the picture is a blue thread. If you look at the top center of the coral and the lower left you can see it. It looked to be a sponge that grew from a rock and extended and continued to grow in between some of the branches. I severed the mass and removed the thread that you see in the picture. Not sure if that could have been some type of parasite sponge or something.
Jupoc911, What do you feed your Kenya?

J

jupoc911

kents phytoplex 3 times a week. I feed all of my trees 3 times a week.