Kenya Tree Wilting

jba6511

I have a kenya tree that was doing great for the first 3 days I had it. Now it is bent over and looks limp. It also has a tiny white spot when it opens up. It is under 36 watts of PC in a 10 gallon that are on from 12 - 10 pm and is up high on the LR as close as possible to the lighting (still about 6 inches from the top of the tank). Any ideas? Is this normal or something I should be concerned about.
When the lights are on, the tree is open and the branches are fully extended and it no longer looks wilted, just a little bit tilted to the side.

pfitz44

My guess is it is still adapting to your tank and the lights. As long as the polips open while the lights are on, i wouldnt worry

michaeltx

If the current is blowing it or the light is off to one side it will grow like a plant to the light or in the direction of pressure added to it. as you can see mine is growing sidways with the current of the tank.
Be prepared for ALOT of babies kenya trees produce by dropping limbs that will attack and then start to grow.
mike

jba6511

thanks guys. when the branches start getting dropped, can I simply pick them up and glue, or tie with fishline the branch to a shell or rock ruble? This way I can place them where I would like and sell them back to the LFS. Will this work, or is there a better way?
Originally Posted by MichaelTX
If the current is blowing it or the light is off to one side it will grow like a plant to the light or in the direction of pressure added to it. as you can see mine is growing sidways with the current of the tank.
Be prepared for ALOT of babies kenya trees produce by dropping limbs that will attack and then start to grow.
mike

barchtruong

my big tree started dropping lil baby ones in the last 2 weeks.
I picked them up, super glued each one of them on a pc of marble rock and after 2 day, I have a bunch of new baby Kenya line up on sand.