Kenya tree?

wocka

for some reason today my kenya tree seems like it isnt doing good, all its polyps are closed up some parts seems decomposed, not alot tho. maybe like 2 little parts.
anyoen ever experience this or what may trigger this

paulcoates

mine hasnt opened up ever, and it has been almost 1 month with it.
Where do you place your in the tank and what types of lighting do you have?

sweetreef

Wocka dont worry they do that all the time some of there little branches fall off and grow new ones mine do it all the time!!I have had mine closed for over two weeks at times then open the next looking even better when i first saw it i freak out as well but thenI did some reading and learning on them so dont worry they should be fine:D I think when they loose branches thats there way of spreading new ones because i have a few new ones in my tank now!!!

wocka

okay cool, it just looked like a branch was rotting, now he is fully tipped over like he is laying on a rock
i got him at the bottom of my tank surrounded by rocks to hold him up with 2x65w pc in 22g

wocka

today hes looking even worse and some of his branches fell off, i shook him a bit and it appears like he is shedding, should i live him in my tank?

wocka

i kno it just looks really bad, i dont see how this guy can do this normally, then recover from it. :notsure:

sweetreef

ok these one has been close up for a week you can see on the top of him a piece is falling off they do that all the time in my tank and when there done they look even better as well as a piece falls off another grows!!!

wocka

i dont have a camera at the moment, but his decomposed stuff has now gone on the sand that he is leaning on, so i siphone it out and some of the stuff on him.. when will he be better, do they do this often?

lmlwsp

I know mine did that for a couple of days and then it came back to life. It does it here and there. When did you do a water change last.

sweetreef

there isnt anytime limit when they do it...I have a 20 gallon i change 5 gallons of water once a month on it seems to do really well..

wocka

i try to do 1g a week, ive had my kenya tree for a good 3 months and this is the first time i have ever experienced it.. very fascinating

I've yet to have a problem with kenya(capnella) I would mess with the flow some. This always work for me when a new coral doesn't seem right. If stuff lands on it then flow is off. Increase it in your case. Make sure nothing in the tank is messing with it. Good luck.