Keoni's 28gal hex tank

keoni

I figure after having this tank up for over 6 months it's about time to start a tank diary.
Acrylic 28 gal hex
Fluval 305
Rio nano skimmer
Current 24" 4x24 watt T-5
20lbs LR
30lbs LS
False perc
Banggai Cardinal
Lawnmower Blenny
Cleaner shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
3 blued legged hermits
10 Astreas
Red linkia
Yellow cucumber
3 Feather dusetrs
Hammer coral
Xenia
Pink zoo's
Does anyone think it's overstocked? The blenny is getting territorial, he'll actually pick up snails and throw them across the tank if they go in his cave.
I want an eibli angel, but we haven't been able to get any in at the LFS I work at. We got a lemonpeel last week that I was going to take, but my co-worker got to it first.
Gah, photobucket is down

....pictures soon

K

kikithemermaid

Hey, I have a 28 gallon hex tank too!
I think 3-4 fish are fine.

keoni

So I picked up a few corals from work the other day. Our propagation table became overgrown with calurpa and it was forgot about. I found some goodies while I was cleaning it out over the weekend. I'm hoping the brain coral will open up a bit more.

keoni

...also......I've got baby snails. Hundreds of them.
They look like tiny Cerith Snails. But I've never put a Cerith Snail in my tank.
I would take a better picture, but they're only about 2 mm long, and I don't have a macro lens. You can see them as all those little black specks in the sand.

keoni

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2617302
tank looks really good. id think about selling the starfish though, not near enough live rock for that type of starfish
Yeah. I've been having to give it algae sheets. The red ones usually stay smaller though.
What kind of starfish would go good in there?

rebelprettyboy

really noen but if you want one go with a brittle I guess. Linka need a lot of live rock to survive. At least 100 lbs or more and a well established tank.
But I really like your tank. Thoses Hexs are sharp!

keoni

Originally Posted by ChronicCoral35
http:///forum/post/2618346
Can you post a pic of your Lawnmower Blenny? I am buying one for my 28g jbj.
I'd love to. But my main computer crashed this morning giving me a hard drive error...if your fimilar with that at all. Hopefully not all is lost, and I can get a picture up for you by Sunday.

keoni

I think somethings going wrong. Ive got a brown slime on my sand, and my corals aren't opening up very much.
Water parameters
nitrates=10
nitrites=0
ph=8.2
I usually add c-balance and seachem reef trace everyday

keoni

Originally Posted by coraljunky
http:///forum/post/2640548
phosphates?? Time to replace ro/di filters or over feeding with phyto?
I don't have a test kit on hand. I'll have to pick one up tomorrow. I only feed a capful of phytoplankton about 3 times a week, so I don't think I'm overfeeding. I think I might have some phosphate sponge laying around somewhere, I'll have to dig around for it.

keoni

Need to sell. Moving. Make an offer. Local pickup only.
Hopefully I'll have a new tank when I get settled in Hawaii.